Tennessee Babies

40 Years Old and Pregnant!!

So I'm kinda new to this whole pregnancy thing.  (Sorta).  My son is 21 years old (I was 18) and now at 40 years old my husband and I are preggers again.  Of course we are ecstatic  but I'm petrified about being a high risk pregnancy.  I just want my baby to be happy, healthy and SAFE in my belly.  I'm so blessed with this little miracle.  Are they any suggestions for "older" women who are or were pregnant as to what to expect?  We just found out two days ago so we haven't gotten the whole scoop yet.  I'm in Knoxville and would love to find other local mommies to chat with.  

Tonja 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 40 Years Old and Pregnant!!

• Hi!  I don't have any advise/suggestions, but I wanted to say hello and welcome to the Bump.  I am in Knoxville too (Halls).
  • Nice to "meet" you!!  I live in Fountain City so you are pretty darn close.  Are there any Mommy clubs in Knoxville?  I've lived here for almost 2 years so still kinda new to the area.

P.S.  Baby is ADORABLE.  :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hello I'm Ashley im 22 expecting our first I live in Knoxville also. Not really sure of any mommy clubs though as i have no kids yet. But i have a lot of friends and family recently in the past 2 yrs had kids also. I am the only one pregnant currently in our family but sorry i have no advice other than be sure to call the dr/nurse line at your hospital with any questions they can normally help if you think anything is not normal or with any concerns. Hope all goes smoothly for you.
  • I am fairly new to Knoxville as well and on older (37) first time mommy.  I am due in about 5 weeks.  The www.knoxmoms.com  website has a lot of local information on it as well as an on-line forum where you can post questions that you may have.  They always have a list of things going on in town, most are for moms with little ones, but there are other events as well.  I don't think I was considered high risk, but being over 35 does increase the odds of having issues.  So far I have been able to pretty much breeze through the whole pregnancy.  Fingers crossed that labor and delivery go as smoothly Smile
  • Hi!  I'm a first time mom who gave birth in July 2010 and was 39 when I delivered.  Honestly no real 'tricks' - just do what your doctor tells you to do and use common sense.  I guess I was 'high risk' too being the age I was, but I had no issues.  You probably will want to have the down's test (which I think was around 12 weeks)  - where they take your blood and do an ultrasound.  We did that, had such a good result that we skipped the amniocentesis.  You'll just want to talk to your doctor about that.  Feel free to message me with any other questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"