Cloth Diapering

Please help--BG confusion

Hi all,

I'm still learning here, and I'm trying to decide between BG 4.0s and FB.  My sis and friend use FB and love love love them, but I think I like the extra perks of the BGs better (replaceable elastic, leak protection at the tummy, etc).  But I'm confused about how to fit them.

The FB have snaps that adjust the tummy and snaps that adjust the leg opening.  But it looks like the BGs only have snaps/aplix that adjust the tummy.  And yet, I haven't read about people complaining of leaks.  How are the leg openings adjusted?  

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: Please help--BG confusion

• There are rows of rise adjusting snaps on the front of the diaper to adjust size for your baby. Other than that, there is nothing to adjust. I've never had a fit issue with my kids with either FB or BG. :)
  • They're not.  I think the shape of the diaper itself helps prevent leaks.

FWIW, my DD has leaked every.single.time. out of her FB even though I'm sure I've got it adjusted correctly.

• Loading the player...
  • BG's have both as well...you can see it best on the aplix ones...the aplix adjusts the tummies and the snaps adjust the rise  (at least if I am understanding what you are asking...)  Some of the pics must be with them adjusted down to the smallest rise

• imagepixy_stix:

They're not.  I think the shape of the diaper itself helps prevent leaks.

FWIW, my DD has leaked every.single.time. out of her FB even though I'm sure I've got it adjusted correctly.

My LO leaks in his FB every single time too..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBrileyLou:
    imagepixy_stix:

They're not.  I think the shape of the diaper itself helps prevent leaks.

My LO leaks in his FB every single time too..

We leak in FB too.  Love my BGs.  I can't figure out the OS FB to save my soul....the perfect size is OK, but I'll take a BG over FB anyday!

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • I have good luck with both, although I'm more apt to get red marks with the FB. I don't have leaking issues with either, although I have had a blowout with a BG once (but she's going through a blowout phase right now where she tests the limits of the leg closures on every diaper we own. )

Honestly,  I'd buy a couple of each and try them both out. You might like one over the other -- or neither.

imageimage

• As pp have said the legs openings don't have their own adjustment.  It all just sort of adjusts with the rise settings.  I love BGs.  I have used FB as well and liked them too.  I'm just not a fan of pocket diapers in general.  I use the BG AIOs almost exclusively (I typically use others at night).
    Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• imageMouseygail:

BG's have both as well...you can see it best on the aplix ones...the aplix adjusts the tummies and the snaps adjust the rise  (at least if I am understanding what you are asking...)  Some of the pics must be with them adjusted down to the smallest rise

Aha!  Thank you!  

And thanks to everyone else.  I'd never had anyone tell me the FB leaked, so that's valuable feedback.  I'm guessing I'll go with a combination of those and maybe some KL0s.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"