Single Parents

Facebook vent

Why oh why do people insist on idealizing their lives on FB?  Interesting how someone can be complaining/stressing about their marriage and their horrible husband one minute, but check their status an hour later and they have the a true life Prince Charming on their hands.

IMO, if your relationship is THAT wonderful, you don't post about it on FB.  You don't NEED the validation.  You are just...good.  And you are content with that.  How wonderful can things be if you have to tear away from your DH/SO, or whatever in order to go rave about him/her on FB?

Maybe this bugs me because I used to be one of those women who liked to act like things were rosey in my own marriage (I didn't have FB then but you get the idea).  Now that I choose not to live my life like that, people who DO tend to get to me.

Things like this irk me and just get under my skin.  I know, I know, hide the person, delete, etc.  I'm not really ready to that just yet, and besides that would be at least 1/4 of my friends on there.  I'm just making an observation to all y'all here. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Facebook vent

• I totally agree. I thought I was just a bitter old hagStick out tongue
  • imagepeeps61308:
    I totally agree. I thought I was just a bitter old hagStick out tongue

You may very well be, but that makes two of us then!

• Loading the player...
  • imageachase123:

imagepeeps61308:

I also agree...so count me in for the bitter old hag club! Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think any over-emotional sharing on FB is appropriate.  I also hate when people b!tch all day about how terrible their lives are.  I rave/complain about my deepest personal feelings to 2-3 people I'm really close with, no college friends/co-workers, etc who are on FB.

Generally I think sticking to things such as "I got a new job!, LO did something so funny/cute/gross, I went Black Friday shopping" are appropriate.  Big life events, funny stories, interesting activities, okay. 

Also hate cryptic messages that you know are directed at someone, but you have no idea what they are talking about.  That's not a status update!

• imagekmartinez80:
    imageachase123:

imagepeeps61308:

I also agree...so count me in for the bitter old hag club! Smile

Bitter old hag here too! :). People who flaunt how perfect and deliriously happy their relationship is are usually those who have the most problems in their relationship.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Uhh yes! Ridiculously annoying!

I also get super annoyed by people who will comment on other people's stuff but it's ALWAYS only about them. I have serveral FB friends that are expecting or have had babies in the last few weeks, one in particular will comment on everyone's stuff but its always about how many weeks SHE has left, info from HER dr. appt, or how SHE is feeling. I don't know why it gets under my skin quite so much but it does!

I recently turned 24 and maybe that is when I turned in to an old hag too!! Hmm

• Old hag here to join the club too! On the flip side I do hate when people bad mouth their SO. That irritates me too.
  • I have a friend on FB who calls her fiance her soulmate in every post.

"I'm doing this and this with my soulmate." "I love my soulmate" "Going to the movies with my soulmate"

Makes me want to vomit every time.

• imagekatie_cj@hotmail.com:

I have a friend on FB who calls her fiance her soulmate in every post.

"I'm doing this and this with my soulmate." "I love my soulmate" "Going to the movies with my soulmate"

Makes me want to vomit every time.

Good grief, I would have to hide those updates.  Blech!  My friend's DD (20) used to gush all over FB to her boyfriend, and he back to her.  Thankfully, they both decided that they only needed each other (Ick!) and deleted their FB accounts.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

• There are a couple of these for me...  an acquaintance who talks about nothing besides her fiance (husband as of last month) and how great he is.  They met less than a year ago on POF, I think.  I wish her the best, but I"m skeptical!  I can't imagine feeling like I knew someone well enough to marry them in less than a year.  It just seems like she has no identity outside of him (and the same with her last BF).

The other is a friend who has some serious issues with her H.  Sometimes she posts about them, sometimes she posts about how wonderful her H is.  Lately he's been making rude comments and jokes about her weight.  And he's done some overall f*cked up things to her. 

• Oh, I have to say, my favorite was my XH's cousin.  He likes to post all over FB about how his gf is so horrible and one time said he needed to move out.  Another girl wrote back and said he could come to Florida and stay with her, and they had some dirty flirty messages back and forth.  The next morning a different fb friend reamed his arse and told him to keep that crap off of fb, that she didn;t want to see it. He later deleted the entire thing, but not before I posted it on TIP.  Hehe!
  • imageLJF1218:

I don't think any over-emotional sharing on FB is appropriate.  I also hate when people b!tch all day about how terrible their lives are.  I rave/complain about my deepest personal feelings to 2-3 people I'm really close with, no college friends/co-workers, etc who are on FB.

Generally I think sticking to things such as "I got a new job!, LO did something so funny/cute/gross, I went Black Friday shopping" are appropriate.  Big life events, funny stories, interesting activities, okay. 

Also hate cryptic messages that you know are directed at someone, but you have no idea what they are talking about.  That's not a status update!

Completely agree with ALL of this!

• imagefauxshelley:
    Oh, I have to say, my favorite was my XH's cousin.  He likes to post all over FB about how his gf is so horrible and one time said he needed to move out.  Another girl wrote back and said he could come to Florida and stay with her, and they had some dirty flirty messages back and forth.  The next morning a different fb friend reamed his arse and told him to keep that crap off of fb, that she didn;t want to see it. He later deleted the entire thing, but not before I posted it on TIP.  Hehe!

This is fantastic!

My fav was one girl who is more of an acquaintance.  She and her H split about two years ago.  She started seeing someone else, then her and H got back together but she turns out to be KU.  Low and behold, she has the baby and baby looks just like the guy she was dating during her "break".  Pretty weird.  Then she messaged me not long ago asking if I knew of places to rent in my hometown (where her parents live) that she and her two kids could move to (sans hubby). 

However, check her status updates and she's married to prince charming and has the oh so perfect life.  Pretty funny!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"