Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Re: Jackets and Car Seats

I know the rule is no jackets while in the car seat.

But DD has a double layer jacket from Target--the outer layer, and then a fleece type layer (reversible, with fleece on one side and a waterproof layer on the other), KWIM? Do you guys let LO's wear that type of jacket/coat in the car seat? It's really no thicker than a hoodie or a thick sweater.

If not, do you take off hooded sweatshirts, thick sweaters, and such in the car seat? 

Re: Re: Jackets and Car Seats

• Tegan has a fleece jacket that's not very bulky and I'll leave that on her when I put her in her car seat. The weather here doesn't really get cold enough for a heavy/thick coat, but I think that a jacket is probably ok, as long as you can tighten the harness to the point where it's basically against the baby's body.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I let Ophelia wear a hoody in her car seat.  I wouldn't let her wear a thick winter coat but what you describe sounds okay.  I will probably just have a nice thick blanket or two in the car this winter. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We use a thin coat, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • yeah, I'd be fine if it was a thin coat. Since it is freaking freezing here, I have a huge puffy coat and I've been taking it on and off but I'm wondering how to keep him warm while in the car. hmmmmm
    AnniversaryPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • This fb page has some great examples and tips for car seat safety and winter coats. HTH!

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2211036&id=199108530

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageberrysweet:

I know the rule is no jackets while in the car seat.

But DD has a double layer jacket from Target--the outer layer, and then a fleece type layer (reversible, with fleece on one side and a waterproof layer on the other), KWIM? Do you guys let LO's wear that type of jacket/coat in the car seat? It's really no thicker than a hoodie or a thick sweater.

If not, do you take off hooded sweatshirts, thick sweaters, and such in the car seat? 

Alex's coat is exactly like you describe.  I usually let him wear it.  I do take it off when he has a bulky sweater/sweatshirt on under it though because it just seems too much bulk.
    Bianca image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"