Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Do you have a stressful job?

Tell me about it.  I feel lonely in my stressful job-ness.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you have a stressful job?

• Options
    My job is stressful, but not because I have a lot of work or because my actual job is high-pressure.  It's stressful because one of my bosses is the Lord of the Douche and often makes my life a living hell.  I am incredibly fortunate that he got transferred to a different office and this is his last week!  I can't wait to go to work and have him not be there and have there be like  .001 chance that I will ever see him again.   
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

Lucky for me, I don't take my job home with me at night, so it's more stressful while I'm there the 10 hours.  It's hard to take phone calls from people needing assistance, when really they should be contacting the irs.  Now dh, on the other hand, teaches massmedia - Radio, and manages the radio station, and also helps with the athletic teams at his school. I would say his is more stressful than mine is.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work in the criminal justice system. My clients are murder's, rapist, arsonist, you get the picture. I am expected to give my best effort everyday to ensure the client is take care of in court although often time the person from a moral perspective doesn't deserve the second/third/fourth chances we give based on a good pre-trial adjudication service manager. :( It stresses me at time worrying that I may make the wrong rec's to the judge or not find out the correct info from the client and they could return back home and harm someone. Needless to say at the end of the day I do the best I can and am happy with that when I go home for the day.
  • Options

I do and sometimes feel very lonely too.  I read about others that are bored at their jobs and have very little to do and I'm jealous.  For the most part, I'm ok with my job and I'm not willing to give up the salary to move to something less stressful...so I just deal.

I constantly think about work at home.  I snap at my husband after a particularily stressful day and sometimes long to be pregnant again just so I can have a 3 month "break" (aka maternity leave). 

To top it all off, I have to get on a plane Saturday and leave my daughter for two weeks.  I can't even figure out how I'm going to talk to her because of the 8 hour time difference.

Ugh.  Sometimes I just want to cry and I know I should do something about it, like change jobs, but I'm the primary breadwinner and really can't imagine how we would live without my salary. 

• Options

Yes. Being a mom & spouse on a tight budget. Stress!

Stick out tongue Oh is that not what you meant? heehee

• Options

Yes, I am a pediatric nurse for complicated, chronic, life long patients.  Also we are the only international center in the world for what we do so we are sort of the only ones they can turn to.  But I do love it because even on the days that I don't get a lot accomplished I've still made a difference, but it can be very draining. 

What do you do?

• Options

Yes.  I don't even know where to start.  We're trying for a January '11 baby.  I'd like to go on maternity leave & never go back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a high school counselor.  It gets stressful when I have to make judgement calls about breaking confidentiality and making reports (either to a parent or department of family and children's services).  The most stressful thing is to have a student talking about suicide.  
  • Options
    My job is stressful because it's deadline based, but it's nothing compared to what some of the other ladies posted.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options

Yes. ?I'm a corporate attorney (litigation) and I'm trying to do that "part time" (i.e. around 40-45 hours a week). ?It never works out very well. ?Rather, it means I took a 50% paycut to work the same amount and stress even more. ?I'm a senior associate, up for partner in a few years, the partners expect me to do everything, and the young associates who are supposed to "help" me are completely clueless.

But the good news is that I have massive student loan debt, so there's no way out.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I'm a law student in the midst of preparing for finals - I end on Friday, 12/17 and on Monday, 12/20 I start studying for the February bar!  Ha, then on to be a clueless associate ;)
  • Options

Sort of.  I'm an ER nurse, so there are definitely stressful moments, but I actually thrive on those.  Smile  I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie, so when someone gets dumped at our ambulance doors not breathing and the car screeches out of the parking lot it's a total rush but I love it!  Or the other night someone pulled into the ER and was followed by 6 cop cars-the police all jumped out with guns drawn and after about 30 seconds came and asked if we could come get the patient from the car.  Um, no I don't really want to go the hell out there! LOL!  So yes, stressful, but I love it!  

The sad part is that the most stressful part of my job is the super craptastic management issues that we have.  Everyone is walking on eggshells worried that they will get fired over nothing (it's happened to 2 people in the last month).  Moral is horrible and management is only making it worse-that's the most stressful part for me.   

• Options
    imageCourtney&Jason:

I do and sometimes feel very lonely too.  I read about others that are bored at their jobs and have very little to do and I'm jealous.  For the most part, I'm ok with my job and I'm not willing to give up the salary to move to something less stressful...so I just deal.

I constantly think about work at home.  I snap at my husband after a particularily stressful day and sometimes long to be pregnant again just so I can have a 3 month "break" (aka maternity leave). 

To top it all off, I have to get on a plane Saturday and leave my daughter for two weeks.  I can't even figure out how I'm going to talk to her because of the 8 hour time difference.

Ugh.  Sometimes I just want to cry and I know I should do something about it, like change jobs, but I'm the primary breadwinner and really can't imagine how we would live without my salary. 

This is exactly my situation, with the exception of travel.  I also snap at my husband, think about work all the time, and I am also the primary breadwinner so my options are limited.

I'm so sorry that you have to leave your family for two weeks.  I'll be thinking of you.  Thanks for relating!

• Options
    imagelynsef:

Yes, I am a pediatric nurse for complicated, chronic, life long patients.  Also we are the only international center in the world for what we do so we are sort of the only ones they can turn to.  But I do love it because even on the days that I don't get a lot accomplished I've still made a difference, but it can be very draining. 

What do you do?

I am the Clinical Director for a specialized psych inpatient unit that treats children with co-occuring mental illness and Developmental Disabilities.  The kids are great.  The pressure from upper management is unbearable.  It's just a huge responsibility and I often feel overwhelmed.

• Options

I SAH. I attempt to send out resumes and write cover letters while my DS shoves the mouse out of my hand, turns the desk chair around and attempts to drag it down the hall, and reaches up to type on the keyboard.

ETA: Plus there's the all-encompassing fear that I will never find work, ever again. Or that I'll end up working at a Dairy Queen while my degree goes to waste. . .

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    yeah I feel stressed all the time at work b/c my coworkers don't pull their weight like they should and I am an overachiever that seeks the impossible approval of my supervisor. My supervisor has unrealistic customer service goals and like many prior posters, I dream of going on maternity leave and never coming back. I did finally tell the supervisor that I am done being manager but most likely I won't be able to stay in my current store as a staff pharmacist so I will probably have to commute to a store almost an hour away. Sucks but I couldn't be the manager anymore, it was stressing me out and I was so close to a breaking point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This week I do.  Not usually though.  Since I was off Monday and with the Thanksgiving holiday I have lots to do.  But once I catch up it'll be fine again. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"