Baby Names

which name do you prefer

Last name is Marinaccio

Aviva Willow

or

Juniper Mae

Re: which name do you prefer

• Juniper Mae.  I'm not a big fan of Aviva.  I like Juniper but it has a slight I'm-trying-too-hard vibe to it.
  • imageSarahhasboys:
    Juniper Mae.  I'm not a big fan of Aviva.  I like Juniper but it has a slight I'm-trying-too-hard vibe to it.

I agree with this. I like Juniper better than Aviva, but Juniper still sounds a bit off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSarahhasboys:
    Juniper Mae.  I'm not a big fan of Aviva.  I like Juniper but it has a slight I'm-trying-too-hard vibe to it.

I agree with this. I like Juniper better than Aviva, but Juniper still sounds a bit off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Seriously? Neither. Aviva is a paper towel and Juniper is a lotion to me.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • imagemj.reilly:

imagemeimsx:
    Seriously? Neither. Aviva is a paper towel and Juniper is a lotion to me.

Viva is a paper towel.

Aviva is a Hebrew name.

.... and Juniper is a shrub (and nice smelling lotion Smile)

I know Viva is a paper towel. It just reminded me of the paper towels. That's why I put "to me" at the end of the sentence. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • imagemeimsx:
    imagemj.reilly:

imagemeimsx:
    Seriously? Neither. Aviva is a paper towel and Juniper is a lotion to me.

Viva is a paper towel.

Aviva is a Hebrew name.

.... and Juniper is a shrub (and nice smelling lotion Smile)

I know Viva is a paper towel. It just reminded me of the paper towels. That's why I put "to me" at the end of the sentence. 

hmm. I didn't know Viva was a paper towel. Someone on a different thread said that Aviva is an insurance company. I'm getting a little hesitant about using this name, since it seems that everyone associates it with products.  

• Juniper, but they are both NMS at all.
  • I don't care for Willow, but Aviva wins hands-down!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Aviva Willow
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Maybe I am trying too hard. I'm an Amanda from the 80's and have never liked having a super common name for my generation. So maybe I'm just digging too deep to avoid that for my daughter. My sister suggested Juniper Mae over the phone the other night, and it sounded spunky to me. Willow is my bf's favorite name (I feel it's a little flaky sounding for a first name), and Aviva would be to honor Jewish heritage.   

Up until now, I wanted her name to be Amelia Violet or Violet Amelia, but bf thinks Violet sounds "too harsh" and Amelia sounds like "a girl in khaki pants" (I don't understand..don't ask). I like Juliet but he thinks that names ending in "et" sound "too French".

• I'd never heard the name Aviva before.  I don't associate it with paper towels or an insurance company, but I didn't love it when I read it.  But if it's a Hebrew name to honor Jewish heritage, then that works for me. 

On their own, I like Juniper Mae better, but with the last name somehow Aviva Willow flows better for me.   

• imagealk1234:

Maybe I am trying too hard. I'm an Amanda from the 80's and have never liked having a super common name for my generation. So maybe I'm just digging too deep to avoid that for my daughter. My sister suggested Juniper Mae over the phone the other night, and it sounded spunky to me. Willow is my bf's favorite name (I feel it's a little flaky sounding for a first name), and Aviva would be to honor Jewish heritage.   

Up until now, I wanted her name to be Amelia Violet or Violet Amelia, but bf thinks Violet sounds "too harsh" and Amelia sounds like "a girl in khaki pants" (I don't understand..don't ask). I like Juliet but he thinks that names ending in "et" sound "too French".

I love Violet and Juliet. Too bad he's vetoed these. What about a classic name that isn't super common right now. I agree popular names aren't unique enough but that doesn't mean you have to be really different. What about names like 

Alice, Lucy, Scarlett, Stella, Iris, Penelope, Evelyn, Josephine, Caroline, Nora.

Just a few that I could think of as cute and not super popular but still classic and not flaky sounding. Honestly when I think of Aviva and Juniper I think of hippie and artsy. 

Meimsx no more
  • Willow Mae

or 

Juniper Mae

M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • I agree Willow Mae

• Willow Mae sounds gorgeous!  I'm not a fan of Juniper or Aviva.
  • imagemj.reilly:

Neither is my style, but:

Aviva Willow

Juniper is way too nature-y for me.

this

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As usual with the nature names, I am in the minority. :)  Willow is one of my favorite names, but I am really liking Juniper Mae.  It's sweet, it's distinctive, and has the fabulous nickname options of Junie or June.
    I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • I'm not a fan of Aviva or Juniper, but I do like Willow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't like either very much. I do love the middle name Mae, but I've never been a fan of Willow (I think of the Val Kilmer movie).

If you're looking for something spunky:

Bronte

Daisy

Ruby 

Allegra 

Ivy

Lola

Poppy (Penelope) 

Stella

Anya 

Phoebe

Isla 

Tallulah

Sydney

Heidi 

Piper 

PS. I love both Amelia and Violet... I think you were on a better track with those. 

• Aviva definitely sounds like a product to me, or maybe even a prescription medication of some sort. Juniper is way to nature-y for my taste, and just odd.

If you are going for spunky and semi-uncommon I think the pp suggested some good names.

• I really love Juniper, it's a guilty pleasure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"