Indiana Babies
Options

Any honeymoon recs?

Where have you been on your honeymoon/vacation?  We're thinking probably all-inclusive but open to other possibilities.  We'd be going on my spring break in April.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any honeymoon recs?

• Options
    We went to Cabo in October and stayed at an all-inclusive and loved it.  We've also been to all-inclusives in Cancun and Cozumel and I thought Cabo was better.  It's gorgeous there.
  • Options

I've done an AI in Puerto Vallarta and one in Riviera Maya. It's difficult to compare the two resorts because the first was college spring break (low budget) and the second was our honeymoon.

However, I would recommend Riviera Maya just because I like the gulf coast better - warmer water, whiter sands, and the water is calmer (or it seemed so). Also, April is a good time to go - it's not hurricane season.

We stayed at El Dorado Royale in a casita suite and loved every minute. We were pampered all of the time. There were beds on the beach (palapas) which were always available (in the casita section), swim up bars everywhere, tons of different restaurants, and room service was included. We spent about $5k all told. It was worth it :)

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're going to Costa Rica in 18 days and I'll tell you all about it when I get back.  We're staying 5 nights at the AI DoubleTree in Puntarenas and got 2 doubles, oceanfront for $199 a night.  It was cheaper to do two doubles oceanfront than one king and a partial oceanview.  We're also spending one night in San Jose when we get there and two in Arenal where we'll be doing a zip line through the jungle and staying at a hot springs resort.  I'm super excited!
  • Options

Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. There's a place called Majestic Elegance it was all inclusive for like $6000 (including flights) in 2009. Very awesome and the pool was incredible!!

Here's the link to their website...

https://www.majestic-resorts.com/en/H2/Hotel-Majestic-Elegance-Punta-Cana.aspx

• Options
    Just make sure you ask for a king size bed! we forgot to specify and ended up with two full sized beds on our honeymoon- the cleaning lady was nice enough to push the beds together and make them as a giant king!
  • Options
    LOVE and highly recommend Maui  :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options

My three favorite places are Aruba, Cabo, and Dominican. If you are going during SB, I think Cabo will be really busy with spring breakers. Aruba is my favorite place. I have been there twice and looking foward to go back.

• Options

We went to Maui. I felt like it was a lot of traveling and a lot of money - I think, at least for a honeymoon, I wish we'd gone to an all-inclusive.

• Options
    We went to Sandals in the Bahamas.  It was fantastic!
  • Options
    imageMrs.Ashley:

I've done an AI in Puerto Vallarta and one in Riviera Maya. It's difficult to compare the two resorts because the first was college spring break (low budget) and the second was our honeymoon.

However, I would recommend Riviera Maya just because I like the gulf coast better - warmer water, whiter sands, and the water is calmer (or it seemed so). Also, April is a good time to go - it's not hurricane season.

We stayed at El Dorado Royale in a casita suite and loved every minute. We were pampered all of the time. There were beds on the beach (palapas) which were always available (in the casita section), swim up bars everywhere, tons of different restaurants, and room service was included. We spent about $5k all told. It was worth it :)

Let me know if you have any questions! 

We went to El Dorado Seaside Suites in the Riveria Maya and had the oceanview/beachfront....all I know is that I loved it.  We could walk right out to the ocean and had a ground floor room.   It's smaller than the Royale but I liked it because it wasnt overly crowded but very nice!!  We also went in July so it was SUPER HOT but I would totally go back again but maybe in april - june range!!   Forgot to mention that it was all inclusive and totally worth it but make sure you take a little bit of cash to tip your driver but other than that you really dont need cash. 

Also go through a travel agent ...totally worth it.  We used Beachbumvacations.com and they were AWESOME!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"