D.C. Area Babies
Options

mall santas?

Any recommendations for which mall is better? 

Any suggestions on times to go for not so long for a wait?

ETA: in VA, please.  TIA!

Re: mall santas?

• Options
    I can't speak from experience bc we are going on wednesday but we are going to fair oaks because of other peoples recomendations
  • Options

Do you work or SAH?  It's much better to go during the week.

We've been to Tysons for the past 3 years and have had good luck each time.  We go during the week at 10AM, which is right when Santa is open for business.  We're usually one of the first people in line, but by the time we are finished, there's generally a much longer line.  Tysons Santa set up is in red and green.  I've never seen much of a line at Tysons II, but I don't care for the silver and blue decorations - I'm more of a traditionalist!

Have also heard good things about Fair Oaks but can't speak from experience.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    the santa at Landmark Mall is great and there is never a line! (probably because there is nothing else there!)
  • Options

This will be our 3rd year at Fair Oaks (b/c I'm weird and want to have the same Santa in the pictures from year to year).

I go first thing in the morning, so the lines have been minimal (about 10-15 minutes). The "Polar Express" is cute.  Santa seems to be a little on the grumpy side, but he gets the job done. :)

• Options
    Ditto on the Santa at Tyson's.  We went on Saturday around 3pm and there were maybe 5 people ahead of us.  The Santa there is very friendly and patient and I agree- I like the overall decorations there as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've done Fair Oaks, Landmark and Merrifield.  The line at Merrifield is redonk, I have no idea why people are willing to wait that long - I think people like that it's been the same Santa for years.  Landmark is a ghost town, so no line there - though the decorations around Santa's chair are pretty minimal.  Fair Oaks is my first choice.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    imageghostgirl:

Do you work or SAH?  It's much better to go during the week.

I usually work while DH takes care of LO, but yesterday DH was sick, so I was SAH mom!  I took him to Landmark (we actually got there before Santa), but he wanted nothing to do with going to Santa.  Ah well.  I ended up going to the photo place in the mall and getting some shots done since he was all dressed up anyway. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"