Infertility

Today, I had my 2nd opinion phone consult with CCRM!

We had our phone consult with Colorado CRM today and it was great!  We spoke with Dr. G and he is so nice!  It was really good to talk through our situation with a fresh set of ears.  He was very realistic but sensitive to our concern to try again with another cycle.

So, we are heading out to Colorado mid December for our one day workup!  Really excited either way on how this will go.  He suggested some supplements to take so I'll start those now.  If everything works out, we'll hopefully be trying another cycle in Feb after taking the supplements for 3 months.

We decided to do a 2nd opinion but thanks to all of ya'll that agreed with it.  It feels good to have faith in a RE again.  I haven't felt this way in quite awhile with my RE so this is exciting! Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Today, I had my 2nd opinion phone consult with CCRM!

• great news!! i love that you have hope again.

so, what supplements are you adding?

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • wow!!  this is so exciting!!

I am very happy for you.  I want to hear about the supplements too

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Worms! (oh... and AGAIN, congrats!!!! :-) )

I should have mentioned the supplements.  The supplements he recommended were:  CO-Q10 (which I already take), Melatonin, Myo inositol supplement and DHEA.  When my current RE tested me for DHEA when I wanted to take it, it came back high and he put me on Dexamethsone.  Dr. G. said that taking it would not hurt so I'm going for it. I haven't heard of the Myo insoitol and I am going to have to order it online if I can't find it at the store. 

I sent him 65 pages from my personal records so he read through it all. LOL  He got my life story!  Another great thing... he gave us his personal email.  I know he gives it to everyone but to know that I can contact him is awesome!!!  I haven't had that so it means a ton!  (Oh the little things...)

• Wait... detailed list (I am really really tired tonight and not all with it! LOL)

CO Q10 - 400mg 2 times a day

Melatonin - 3mg at night

Myo Inositol - 750mg 3 in the morning and 2 at night

DHEA - 25mg 3 times a day

Plus I am going to continue with wheatgrass pills, royal jelly and the prenatal with extra folic acid.  This will be out last attempt before moving to donor egg so I'm going to give this cocktail a whirl!  Nice cocktail for the day!!! :-)

• Sounds like a terrific consult! I'm so glad that you have hope again. You deserve it!!
  • Great plan!  I'm so happy that you feel good about your new RE.  I know how much it means to really trust their opinion.  You are in good hands!
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SOunds like it went really well!!!!!!!!!!  Good luck!
  • So glad the consult went well!!
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So happy for you!  I'm sure it feels good to have a plan in place with a new stragedy.  We are in a similar position right now and I can't wait to move ahead. 

Thanks for the supplement info.   I just purchased Melatonin this past weekend  and have taken it the last two nights. Kind of makes me groggy the next day.  I've read some reports that say it helps with egg quality and other's that say if you are a good sleeper at night you don't need to take it.  Did your RE say anything specific about it?

TTC #1 since 9/07
    Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
    Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
    Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
    Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
    IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
    IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
    IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
    Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
    Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
    IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
    IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW
  • imageTrippleb:

So happy for you!  I'm sure it feels good to have a plan in place with a new stragedy.  We are in a similar position right now and I can't wait to move ahead. 

Thanks for the supplement info.   I just purchased Melatonin this past weekend  and have taken it the last two nights. Kind of makes me groggy the next day.  I've read some reports that say it helps with egg quality and other's that say if you are a good sleeper at night you don't need to take it.  Did your RE say anything specific about it?

Thanks!  I feel like I felt when I was getting ready for my first IVF. :-)  For me, it is a tough spot but I need to at least try this with CCRM before I move ahead.  I think I would go crazy if I didn't.  I wish you so much luck with your next step!

He didn't say antyhing specific about it and I probably should have asked.  I took one about 30 minutes ago and I am feeling a bit groggy.  I usually stay up until midnight then get up aroun 5am.  I'll be very curious to know how it will make me feel later and tomorrow. 

• imageTrippleb:

So happy for you!  I'm sure it feels good to have a plan in place with a new stragedy.  We are in a similar position right now and I can't wait to move ahead. 

Thanks!  I feel like I felt when I was getting ready for my first IVF. :-)  For me, it is a tough spot but I need to at least try this with CCRM before I move ahead.  I think I would go crazy if I didn't.  I wish you so much luck with your next step!

He didn't say antyhing specific about it and I probably should have asked.  I took one about 30 minutes ago and I am feeling a bit groggy.  I usually stay up until midnight then get up aroun 5am.  I'll be very curious to know how it will make me feel later and tomorrow. 

• I'm so glad your phone consult went so well!!  It's such a good feeling to have a plan!

Just curious, is the cost of a phone consult similar to a face-to-face visit?

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFaith722:

For us, Faith722, because of where we live, the phone consultation is complimentary. :-)

• imageMrs.Voz:
    imageFaith722:

For us, Faith722, because of where we live, the phone consultation is complimentary. :-)

Good to know  Smile  Thanks!  I like free stuff!  lol.

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So glad to hear it went well!!!

• You sound so excited! I hope this is it for you! GL!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • I'm glad it went so well!  Good luck!

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• Sounds great! I am considering a second opinion with them too.
  • Just popping in to check on you :) I went out to CO for a 1 day work up so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.  I can even shoot you my e-mail if you would like.  It's a beautiful facility out there and everyone was great.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • That is great news Ms. Voz.  It sounds like a great plan.
  • That sounds great!  I'm doing a phone consult too next month, so I'm glad you posted!  And thanks for sharing your supplements you are taking :)

Wishing you tons of luck!!!! Keep us posted on your one day work up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"