1st Trimester
Options

So Confused!

I completely understand that as a first time mommy to be, there is bound to be some confusion, but it seems as though my doctors are confused as well.

Today I went for what I thought was my twelve week ultrasound/sonogram.  Needless to say it was amazing!!!!!  The confusing part?  Well, when I went in initially after getting a positive pregnancy test, my doctor indicated via my last menstral cycle that my due date was June 11, 2011.  At my first ultrasound the tech said I was 6 weeks and 4 days, now making my due date June 9, 2011.  Today, when I went in thinking I was 12 weeks  and 5 days, the tech said 13 weeks and 1 day.  Is this normal????  Obviously my baby is going to bless our world when he/she is good and ready, but why does this information keep changing?  Anyone have a similar situation?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: So Confused!

• Options

The baby can grow at different rates, hence the differing due dates based on CRL (or maybe the measurements are off, ect)

Normally, an OB only changes your EDD if the first u/s is off by more than a week.  Which for your first u/s, the EDD's were only off by 2 days.  Nothing too dramatic.  And again, this one is only off by 3 days - perfectly normal

So unless your OB is officially changing your EDD based on the different u/s, I wouldn't worry about it 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    My understanding from last time was that the earlier on in the pg the easier it is to get an accurate measurement.  Once you get going along, and growing along, there is bound to be a little wiggle room for growing at different paces.  Sounds like you are pretty close to the mark :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They'll always go by the due date from your last period, unless the ultrasound shows your baby's growth to be off by more than 5 days in either direction, in which case they'll adjust the due date.

I know that technically since I have a short cycle and know the day I ovulated, AND the baby is measuring exactly to the day from my ovulation, that my due date is probably June 24. But if they base is off a 28 day cycle and go by my LMP, then my due date is June 26, and that's what they're going with since it's only a 2 day difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"