2nd Trimester
Options

Has anyone ever had the ultrasound read incorect for the gender?

Just curious if someone was told they were having a girl and it turns out to be a boy?

Re: Has anyone ever had the ultrasound read incorect for the gender?

• Options
    We were told girl at 12 weeks ...and they said that very very confidently, I know that was way too early! Why they even guess at that time is beyond me.  Went in for our anatomy scan at 20 weeks and LO is BOY! And there is def no mistaking it! 
  • Options

A friend of mine had a baby last year and it turned out to be wrong. They were told girl and it was a boy. It was a very happy surprise, they already had a daughter and were glad to have a boy as well. 

(She had several ultrasounds, she was high risk, it was quite the shock!)  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It happened to me last time! The OB who did my 20 week said he was positive it was a girl, saw three lines, and so did his assistant. I was really confused because we had an elective at 17 that said boy. We ended up with a boy. I'm really glad I went to that elective or we would have been shocked at the birth!
  • Options
    Personally they guess 3 girls and I have 3 girls.  This time they are saying boy and we will see!  But I do know a few people they have guessed wrong about.  The most recent was less than a year ago.  She was told boy and on her delivery day a little girl popped out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was told girl up until my 20 week ultrasound....then she revealed a HE. It's just too soon to tell until around then. We had four seperate  "guesses" prior to seeing he's a boy.
  • Options
    I had an elective u/s at 14w and they guessed girl. DH and I haven't bought anything pink and we aren't even considering names until our anatomy scan though because I am convinced it will end up being a boy. I wont know for sure till a few weeks though. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options

ME... we were told girl at 17w.  I already had a DS when PG w/#2, so I wanted a girl SO badly... I thought I saw a penis, but the tech said, "uh, no that's the umbilical cord." She got all snarky with me...

I went out and bought TONS of girl clothes and even a girlie crib set.  Thankfully I kept the receipts considering I had spent HUNDREDS already.

I went back at 28 weeks and was told BOY.  Then at 32 weeks he was still a boy... then at 36 weeks he was still a boy... at birth (39w) he was definitely all boy!

• Options
    I don't know ... I think it depends in large part on how good the ultrasound machine is (level I vs level II, resolution, etc.) To put things in perspective: at our anatomy scan, the tech and doctor found a tiny 1.7mm hole in our kid's heart -- in contrast, deciphering genitals in plain view seems like a no-brainer to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We were told at 13 weeks it was a girl by my OB and his nurse they were sure.  Then at 18.5 weeks he was obviously a boy.

My sisters last two children were girls according to ultrasound right up until birth, then out came little boys.  She had pre-eclampsia and had several ultrasounds at more than one hospital and they were all wrong.  It's never certain, only a guess.

• Options
    Not to me personally since we are (and were) team green.  But a friend was told girl at 20 wks.  She had a girly shower, put together a girly room, and left the hospital with a boy!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"