Multiples
Options

flying with twins - advice?

We will be going away for a week or so and we are flying (DH, too!) the twins will be lap passengers.. any words of wisdom for getting through the airport? I will have my breast pump as a carry on and possibly pumped milk..

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: flying with twins - advice?

• Options

Try to feed them as you are taking off that probably will help relieft the ear pressure. Bring some toys!

Bring it up to there attention during security checks that you have pumped milk with you.

They will preboard you before the allow others on the plane.

We did have a problem though when we got on the plane since we had the twins on our laps. They told us you can not have two children on laps in the same row unless the 3rd seat is empty so they seperated us. So before you board make sure they know you have two lap children with you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't know about the twin part (yet!), but I'd print out the TSA regulations to show to the security people if you have BM.  I've heard of some people having trouble bringing it through (should be treated as a medical liquid, not X-rayed, etc)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

-we got the boys neck pillows and those were great. that way when they fell asleep their heads were cushioned and didnt cut off circulation in our arms. 

-bring blankets as some flights are really cold

-we were split up and it was fine, i made sure they knew when i booked so we were always right in front of/behind each other so we could easily pass things back and forth

-smartphones with videos are great!

-make sure you have plenty of food in case of delays

-put them in overnight diapers in case you cant change them promptly

-DH carried the boys onto the plane while i broke down the stroller and carried on the bags, then i would get arranged and he would hand me a  baby. then he would sit and i would hand him what he needed (pillow, blanket, toys).

-make sure they are sucking during take off and landing. either eating or binkie.

have a zen attitude and pack light! good luck. 

• Options

Get them to eat, or suck on something during take-off and as you come down.

Don't worry about BM (or cow's milk/formula/sippy cups for older babies).  They are pretty rational when it comes to you feeding your LOs. 

You've had to listen to lots of other people's kids screaming over the years.  Don't fee too bad that now it might be your kids ;)  GL.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Depending on their temperament, you may not wanna do preboarding, because that means you'll be sitting just that much longer.

Pack an extra onesie or two in case of an accident, but have them in pjs, as itll help with the draftiness. (flew from Va to Paris with 3mo twins, 16yo and a 3yo).

and a lot of what everyone else said

• Options
    what everyone else said - but also bring an extra t-shirt for you and dh!  dh got his shirt peed on..lol...oh and the airplane bathrooms don't have a changing thing..so changing htem in the air is torture...I second overnite diapers...GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"