Multiples

YUP! I've gained...

80 lbs.  Started at 150 and I'm 230 as of today. I'm not really complaining because I have not turned down any food this entire pg. So it's my own fault. I mean about 15 of it has got to be baby and "stuff" right?

But on the flip side, I think me and Mark set our wedding date last night...Oct 1st 2011. (I hired a wedding planner- NO way am I planning it)  

Anyone have any special food plans they stuck to while BFing?  I know I can't do my normal diet anymore...(eat close to nothing..and run like a mad woman)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: YUP! I've gained...

• don't stress about it - you should have big babies- that is what matters!

i gained 50lbs with my singleton and only went to 36w... so that's about the same :)

i gained 50lbs with the twins - and they were 6lb6oz and 7lb 15.6oz --- so it was totally worth it!

enjoy eating while you can!

I did Jenny Craig after i had the twins -wasn't nursing- but i think they have a plan for women who are. I loved it- b/c it was so easy/fast to make food - which is key when you are dealing with twins ;)

• Don't stress about the weight gain - I too gained a LOT of weight.  I did not meet an item of food for 9 months that I did not put in my mouth.  No first tri food aversion, no squished tummy in the 3rd tri.

I walked out the hospital 40lb lighter (I had two 6lb-ers)- I'm pretty convinced how you lose the weight is 90% genetics.  I'm still toting around about 15lbs and there is no way I can go back to my old diet.  I gotta do something though!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Echoing the others - don't stress!  You're growing big healthy babies!  I gained 60 lbs on my 5'3 frame and, today, 3 weeks out, I've lost 42 lbs (babies were 6lbs and almost 5lbs).  You've got a lot of extra blood and fluid - more than a singleton mom.  You will be shocked at how much comes off in a short time frame. 
  • OMG I love you guys, I was a little worried cause my peri was saying how ive gained too much for 26 weeks, I've gained a total of 40 lbs so far but it's all in my belly and boobs no joke, but he said it was still a lot im just notting yeah..uh huh..cause eat 3 meals a day and I rarely eat junk!
  • imageMrsLnt:
    Echoing the others - don't stress!  You're growing big healthy babies!  I gained 60 lbs on my 5'3 frame and, today, 3 weeks out, I've lost 42 lbs (babies were 6lbs and almost 5lbs).  You've got a lot of extra blood and fluid - more than a singleton mom.  You will be shocked at how much comes off in a short time frame. 

I think this is different with everyone.  And even every pregnancy.  With DD #1 I gained 45lbs and lost it (plus 20 extra) super quick.  With the twins it is not melting away even close to the first time.  I gained 65lbs, had 5.6 and 5.7 babies, lost about 30 when I left the hospital.  Still have about 25 to lose.  I'm finally starting to slowly shed it.  I'm EBF so I can't do they type of diet I want either.  I've been doing the Shred and it's helping.  You'll have almost a year after the babies are born.  At least you'll hopefully have big, healthy babies!  I got married a year ago and lost weight without even trying.  Wedding tend to have that effect...maybe the stress.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • This post had be breathe a sigh of relief! I'm scared to get on the scale at next mondays appointmen,t because I'm already 10 pounds over my docs recommended weight gain. He said 35-40 total...I'm already up 45 lbs. I'm hoping that breastfeeding and a little exercise will help get the pounds off when I need to.

PS: wow to leaving the hospital 30-40 lbs lighter. that makes me hopeful! 

• I gained 75 lbs with the pregnancy.  I was so excited to step on the scale when I got home.  The boys were 4lbs 15 oz and 6 lbs 2 oz, and when I stepped on the scale at home I had only lost 10 lbs.  I then quickly realized how swollen I still was.  It took about a month after delivery to shed 40 of the lbs.  Now, I am 10 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight.  This is my theory, remember it took you 8-9 months to put on the weight, so give yourself a year to take it off.  FYI - I stopped BF after 5 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"