Parenting after 35
Options

Ellie's 1st Birthday (PIP)

We celebrated Ellie's birthday with family on Thanksgiving, and while she napped well, loved her turkey dinner, she was not buying into the birthday hat or cake!  I have to admit, I really thought she'd dive right in, so was a bit dissappointed, but she has been under the weather.  We gave her the cake again on Friday and she was only slightly more interested. 

Last night, we celebrated her actual birthday with friends at a local pizza place.  She had a blast!  And we did too - plenty of Christmas ale and no dishes!!!  We were lucky enough to have Tara (Puckchick), Fiona and Steve join us, and the two girls made faces and waved at each other all night long - it's just too cute to watch them together!  Next year, we'll plan things a little better and hope that Liz (Jarbatz), Mike and Brenna can come too. Ellie did great until the end, and was asleep almost as soon as we got home.

Who can believe it's been a year?!  She's changed so much that it constantly astounds me.  Thanks again for all the birthday wishes yesterday!

Re: Ellie's 1st Birthday (PIP)

• Options
    Awesome pics!  Ellie is adorable!  (both girls are)  I think we all go through birthday cake fail, I don't know any babies who dove into their smash cake.  Sorry she's under the weather, I hope she feels better soon!  How's daycare going?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

OMG your siggy cracks me up!! :)

poor baby doll not diggin the hat! LOVE the shirt!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh my gosh! I love those pictures. Especially the pizza one! And your siggy! Too darn cute!

WHERE did you get that hat?!?! Must have it!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Is it wrong that I really, really love the last picture of Ellie screaming? And what makes it priceless is Fiona giving the side-eye! That shirt is just precious - did you make it yourself?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedaisydana:

Etsy - can't remember the shop name off the top of my head, but I will send it to you as long as you promise to get it back to Jarbatz by March.

• Options

imagecarladillon:
    That shirt is just precious - did you make it yourself?

HA!  Not so much - from the same Etsy store as the hat.  Actually got the information from Superaunt when Sabrina was 6 months and had the adorable 1/2 onesie.

• Options
    AWWW! So cute!!!!
  • Options
    Looks like fun! Great pics Big Smile
  • Options
    Ellie looks mad as he!! and Fiona has the look of "what is her problem".  Too cute. 
  • Options

Love the pics!  Poor Ellie. And love Fiona's look. lol

As for smash cakes... at least Ellie wasn't afraid of the icing.  Aaron still won't touch a cake.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Glad you had fun celebrating.  I LOVE Ellie's special birthday shirt!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options
    imagePiranha54:

imagecarladillon:
    That shirt is just precious - did you make it yourself?

HA!  Not so much - from the same Etsy store as the hat.  Actually got the information from Superaunt when Sabrina was 6 months and had the adorable 1/2 onesie.

I thought it looked familiar!! That would be littleoneboutique... but i just checked and she's closed until mid-January... BUT CHECK THIS OUT: https://littleoneboutique.com/category_15/6-Month-12-Birthday-Shirt.htm

That's SABRINA!!!! :)

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the photos and happy belated birthday to Ellie!!
  • Options
    I like your siggy pic the best, with the 2 girls. Happy Birthday Ellie!!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options

Thanks for sharing the pics, they are awesome!  How fun that you guys were able to get together, too.

Shoot, I was going to recommend Goldenshop on Etsy, who also makes beautiful birthday hats and such, but when I went to look for the link, I saw she's on maternity leave too!  Seems like everyone is having babies these days!

• Options
    AWWWWW ... she loves pizza. My son had pizza at his first birthday party too!!!
  • Options
    imagePiranha54:
    imagedaisydana:

Etsy - can't remember the shop name off the top of my head, but I will send it to you as long as you promise to get it back to Jarbatz by March.

That is so nice of you, but no way. I would feel terrible if Sydney wore it and got cake all over it or something! I think I might try to make one. How hard can it be? A party hat, rhinestones, and some feathers - HA! This should be interesting!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedaisydana:

That is so nice of you, but no way. I would feel terrible if Sydney wore it and got cake all over it or something! I think I might try to make one. How hard can it be? A party hat, rhinestones, and some feathers - HA! This should be interesting!

Wow!  I just don't have that level of craftiness in me.  Did you see that Superaunt knew right away it was littleoneboutique - if you have problems contact her because she was "closed" and still did the shirt for me. 

• Options
    imagesuperaunt:

I thought it looked familiar!! That would be littleoneboutique... but i just checked and she's closed until mid-January... BUT CHECK THIS OUT: https://littleoneboutique.com/category_15/6-Month-12-Birthday-Shirt.htm

That's SABRINA!!!! :)

Major awwwwww! 

• Options
    Happy belated Birthday Ellie! She is such a cutie. You never know how they are gonna react to the "cake"!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"