Breastfeeding

XP: Pumping and Breastfeeding, Let down ?

I have been back at work for about a month now and DD took to the bottle like a champ when I went back. Recently she has started giving me issues when I try to nurse her in the evenings. I have always had a slower let down in the evenings and I think she may be getting frustrated with it. She sucks for like two seconds and starts screaming her head off. She never does this in the mornings. It can be a battle to feed her sometimes.

So I am wondering if we should try different bottles. She currently uses Weil Baby bottles that were given to us. She is 4 months and still on the stage 1 nipple. 

I don't really think it's a supply issue. When at work I pump 3 times for a total of about 16 ounces. Dh divides it up into 4 4oz bottles. She is also 90% for height and weight.

What do you guys think? Any advice would be appreciated.
Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

Re: XP: Pumping and Breastfeeding, Let down ?

• You could try pumping or hand expressing until letdown, then nurse her. That way she gets the milk right away.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"