Infertility
Options

cysts

I have been looking online for infomation on cysts of the ovaries but have had little luck figuring out if they can cause fertility problems.  I have been trying to get pregnant for five months, and recently was taken to the ER for pelvic pain, and they were very brief in the information i received about my condition. I have been trying to find a OBGYN but have had little luck finding one in my area that is taking patients. Help?

Re: cysts

• Options

I'm surprised, there is a lot of information online regarding cysts, and there are a lot of different types of cysts that you can have, not to mention PCOS.

At best, they are harmless and resolve on their own. At worst they can cause you to have your ovary removed. And everything in-between.

You really need to see a doctor to get a diagnosis, and you may need to see an RE (reproductive endicronologist) for treatment. Some girls here travel a long way to see someone. When I've had complex cysts in the past, I've had to have frequent monitoring to determine if they are harmful or not. A single visit to the ER is not enough.

Good luck with finding a doctor that can help you. 

+++
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"