Pregnant after IF
Options

Fetal Echo anyone?

I've had two 20 week US's. I have to see a pediatric cardiologist next week for a fetal echo because they can't get a good look at the heart views they need. I know they're being careful because my DS risk is high, 1 in 28. They said they don't see any markers but I'm paranoid that they're not telling me everything they see. (crazy I know, love my office) has anyone had one and is it more common then I think?
1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Fetal Echo anyone?

• Options

I didn't go to a cardiologist, but my MFM did an fetal echo because they told me IVF babies have a slightly higher risk of a heart defect.  If they were concerned about something specific, I'm sure that they would tell you.

I hope the echo goes perfectly 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a fetal echo w/ a fetal cardiologist @ 31w b/c I have elevated levels of amniotic fluid but no GD.  It was pretty much just like any other u/s, except focused just on the heart.  We were told it would take 30-45 minutes, but we were done in 20 minutes or less, with a clean bill of health for LO.  Try not to worry, it's good for them to be cautious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same questions and concerns when I was sent for a fetal echo after my level 2 as well. Turns out they could not get a clear view of everything so they just had to try again.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had 3 level 2s and 2 echos because they couldn't get all of the views. They're just being cautious.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"