TTC After a Loss

Exercise and 2WW

Ok, this feels like its a really really stupid question so I'm sorry in advance, but its just something that has been bugging me.  I started doing these fitness classes a few weeks ago - like boot camp type classes that involve all kinds of things - stepping, ab work, strength, cardio, etc.  So my question is...would you do something hardcore like this during the 2WW?  I feel like I dont want to stress my body out or anything so I'm afraid to go to my class tomorrow, but is that really stupid to think?  I just remember when I was pregnant, they said to avoid too much ab work, so I'm curious if any of that holds true during the 2WW.  Like I said - stupid stupid question but I'm too embarassed to ask my dr. :)  Don't hate me.
TTC Since 2/09... BFP 12/26/09 - Missed miscarriage (6 weeks), D&C 1/28/10, BFP 4/23/10 - Miscarriage (18 wks 4 days) due to Turner's Syndrome, Delivered Lyla Ann on 7/29/10, BFP 12/10/10 - Natural miscarriage (5 weeks 6 days) 12/23/10, BFP 2/2/11 - EDD: 10/15/11 - Stick baby stick!!

Re: Exercise and 2WW

• Personally the only thing I do different in the 2ww is drink less, and sometimes I don't do that.  It's totally up to you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just started working out and taking classes as well.  I plan to continue in the 2ww. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRawr08:
    Personally the only thing I do different in the 2ww is drink less, and sometimes I don't do that.  It's totally up to you.

This. Think about all the women who don't know they're in their 2ww and continue on their daily lives like nothing is going on... and live to have healthy babies.

Personally, I'd tone it down a bit... wouldn't try as hard.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• imageLuv4Minnesota:
    I just started working out and taking classes as well.  I plan to continue in the 2ww. 

Looks like you're from MN - where do you work out?

TTC Since 2/09... BFP 12/26/09 - Missed miscarriage (6 weeks), D&C 1/28/10, BFP 4/23/10 - Miscarriage (18 wks 4 days) due to Turner's Syndrome, Delivered Lyla Ann on 7/29/10, BFP 12/10/10 - Natural miscarriage (5 weeks 6 days) 12/23/10, BFP 2/2/11 - EDD: 10/15/11 - Stick baby stick!!
  • imageCashewsMommy:

imageRawr08:
    Personally the only thing I do different in the 2ww is drink less, and sometimes I don't do that.  It's totally up to you.

This. Think about all the women who don't know they're in their 2ww and continue on their daily lives like nothing is going on... and live to have healthy babies.

Personally, I'd tone it down a bit... wouldn't try as hard.

Thanks for the reminder - I know you're right, but I guess I was just trying to be extra cautious.  I told you it was a dumb question.  I'm trying to chill out a bit...

• I'm still working out.  I even do the 10 minute abs after classes...Once I find out I'm actually pregnant, I'll cut back, but until then, I don't think a few crunches or cardio will hurt any. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NOT a stupid question! I always question this as well in the 2ww. I actually DO tone it down (ok Ive neglected working out at all lately.. but.. I digress.) 

I do take more caution in the 2ww and would not kick box, but probably still run, walk, do the eliptical or weight lift, but nothing too stressful on your body!  

• My OB told me that even into the first tri you shouldn't worry about exercising- especially if you've been exercising already.  I think it will help reduce stress and give you better odds.

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I also don't really change too much during my 2WW - maybe take it a little easier on the alcohol, but that's only because I've heard it can negatively impact implantation. Otherwise, you don't share much with the fetus until like 6 weeks so I consider most normal activities ok.
    * PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekelliandjustin:

imageLuv4Minnesota:
    I just started working out and taking classes as well.  I plan to continue in the 2ww. 

Looks like you're from MN - where do you work out?

I'm originally from MN but don't live there anymore.  I work out in IL.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"