2nd Trimester
Options

how soon is to soon

I'm 18 weeks and was wondering when should you start purchasing big items like the bed, car seat, stroller and etcc..

Re: how soon is to soon

• Options
    We just ordered our crib and nursery furniture before Thanksgiving because I know it can sometimes take awhile to get in, and I know DH and I both take our time w/ projects like that. The carseat and stroller ad other such large items we are thinking we will wait until spring to buy, just so that we don't have them under foot in our limited living space.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's whenever you are comfortable with it. Our nursery furniture was a gift and we recieved it when we were 18w. We had the whole room set up and put together 2 weeks ago. We are holding off on the other stuff until after the shower as many family members would like to purchase some of these things.

I'm a budgeter so I like spreading out big purchases instead of buying everything in one big lump sum.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I keep hearing about these people that order or buy all this stuff before they're even preganant.

Personally, I'll probably wait till at least the 6 month mark.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Buy them when you want to. DH and I got our crib when I was 16 weeks because we had the money set aside and the crib we wanted went on sale. A family member offered to buy us our travel system so we wont have to worry about that, but I mean, buy what you feel you need if you have the money now, I know I would hate to be scrambling at the end trying to buy up what I dont get as gifts, because you are likely not going to get everything you register for.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options
    Eh whenever you want. With DS we ordered the crib at 15w. Most of the other stuff, carseat, stroller, etc, we registered for and got it at my showers in Jan/Feb with him. He was due in March, and I had everything completed about a month before my due date. With this pregnancy, DD will take DS's crib, and I have ordered him a toddler bed. We are re-doing the nursery(they will share a room) and we probably won't get to that til after the new year. (Due in March again)
  • Options
    Do it whenever you want. I just ordered the crib and all the furniture yesterday because it was on sale. I've also gotten a couple bigger gifts from my mom and I bought a swing that was really cheap and in great condition at a consignment sale. I plan on starting painting and setting up the nursery within the next couple weeks.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • Options
    I am going to wait until after my shower to by anything major. I have bought clothes but that is it. My mom is going to buy the crib for us and my grandmother has offered to get the stroller and car seat. So we are pretty much set on some of the major items. I figured that once my shower is over I will get any of the things we will need that we didn't get.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say whenever you are ready.  We are of the mindset that there will be expenses near the end we wont even think of, so we are buying things now while money isn't tight.
  • Options

This is our first and we are going to wait and see what we need to buy after my shower (33 weeks).  But my aunt and cousins bought us the travel system after our big u/s.  That seems about the right time IMO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

We purchased the crib, dresser, glider and changing table when I was 14 or 15 weeks I think. It was a great deal and we couldn't pass it up.

My mom purchased our carseat for us a few weeks ago. I had the mentality that if we saw a great deal, to go for it...the more money we save now, the more we can spend on other baby stuff.

my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    After Christmas, we are going to start buying.
  • Options
    DH practically refuses to buy anything yet. I don't know why. If it were my choice (he's the worker bee), then I would have bought at least the crib bedding when it was on saleeee a couple weeks ago. He's the kind of guy to wait til the very very vvery last minute for everything so I hope it isn't that part of his personality going into play.
  • Options

imagems kcox:
    I'm 18 weeks and was wondering when should you start purchasing big items like the bed, car seat, stroller and etcc..

I'm waiting until after my baby shower. And it turns out we are getting our crib, stroller and car seat. We want to see what other big priced items that we may not get at the shower first and then we will start buying them. I know it can be hard to wait with all the great holiday deals but I say wait. You never know what you may get. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"