Breastfeeding
Options

Double Electric Pump Recommendations??

Hi there, 

I'm due in early January and will need to go back to work full-time after about 3 months so trying to figure out what kind of pump to get.  

My local maternity/baby store recommends and carries the Ameda or Simplisse double electric pumps - anyone have feedback on either of these?  Apparently the Simplisse mimics the baby better than the other pumps but I've also read it is loud and doesn't extract quite as much milk?? I was originally looking at the Medela Freestyle for the hands free option but it seems like their are 3rd party contraptions that allow you to achieve the same effect.  

Thanks in advance!

Kathy 

Re: Double Electric Pump Recommendations??

• Options

I have a purely yours ultra and love it.  The pump is a closed system so you don?t have to worry about getting milk into the tubing.  I use an easy expressions bra when I want to pump hands-free.  My friend has the freestyle and said the hands-free device is clunky and hard to use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the freestyle and like it.  However, I have discovered that I can pump hands free by simply tucking the horns into my bra from the side.  The handsfree pieces are a little odd, but they do keep everything secure so you can be totally hands free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i LOVE my madela PISA (pump in style advanced) i used it for my son and now i am using it for my daughter and it is fantastic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"