Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anxiety meds?

Has anyone here been put on anxiety meds? If so what kind and is it helping you? Are you bf?Is it affecting lo? Talked to the dr today about it but I'm ebf... I really just want to feel better.. Everytime the sun goes down my anxiety goes through the roof!!

Re: Anxiety meds?

• Options

ditto... would love to know

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am on day 11 of Zoloft 50mg.  It has made a huge difference with my anxiety and depression.  I am not bf'ing so I am not sure if safe or not but you should ask your doctor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my older child was born I was prescribed Zoloft. I took it for about a year. I really felt that it helped. I believe I was on 100mg/daily.
  • Options
    I was given zoloft with DD#1 and I nursed her for 18 months.  It didn't effect her at all and it definitely helped me to be on it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been on Celexa then Lexapro all through the pregnancy and am now on 10 mg Lexapro while EBF (all approved by my dr). Baby Girl seems healthy and fine! :)
  • Options

I'm on Prozac for anxiety (OCD) & depression.

I was on it a couple of years ago and it helped immensly with my OCD -- I wasn't struggling with depression at that point in time.

My doctor put me back on Prozac during my second trimester to help with my depression and although it took time, it made a huge difference as well.

I'm on a very low dose (20 mg), but I will be asking my doctor about increasing my dosage at my appointment on Thursday to help combat the PPD I've been dealing with.  I've had a wonderful experience with it -- the only side effect I had was exhaustion (which we have already as new moms) for the first 6 weeks or so of starting back up on the medication.

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"