Toddlers: 24 Months+

OMG - this is killing me...

Right now my adorable 2 yr old is upstairs crying and screaming "mommy...mommy...mommy" b/c he refuses to go to bed.  He was such a great sleeper until his sister came along a month ago.  Now he wants to stay up until 10 pm and beyond.  I've tried everything to tire him out - nothing works.  We have a good bedtime routine - bath, dry hair, brush teeth, two stories.  We do the same thing now that we did before his sister was born.  He is very unhappy that she is awake while he goes to sleep.  I just want my nice sweet easy-to-bed baby back.  I want to cry and scream too.... if anyone has advice, I'd love it.  :(

Re: OMG - this is killing me...

• My DD turned into a DISASTER when DS was born....the tantrums resulted in tears for both me and her!

After about 5 weeks, my sweet little girl began to re-emerge and while she has had her moments, she has made almost a complete 180....

GOOD LUCK! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No advice, but my two-year-old i s doing the same thing right now.  It's been on and off since baby was born (and our baby goes to sleep before she does so it is not for that reason).  

I hate it!!  I'm so sad for her but going and sitting in the room with her would result in her never going to sleep and me having to do that every night for hours. I just call from the stairs, "Go to sleep, I love you!" It doesn't help. 

• Loading the player...
  • No advice from me either but wanted to let you know you're not alone.  Not even sure it's baby #2 related, since I only have the one and last night I think we fell asleep before he did.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKaly16:

My DD turned into a DISASTER when DS was born....the tantrums resulted in tears for both me and her!

After about 5 weeks, my sweet little girl began to re-emerge and while she has had her moments, she has made almost a complete 180....

GOOD LUCK! 

this

My DS was the same way after DD was born in Sept.  She's now 3 months old and he's finally back to being sweet and bedtimes are not a war now.  A new baby definitely makes their lives a bit off for a while.

• ds has been doing this for weeks now and I don't have any other kids...I wish this stage would pass!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"