Parenting after a Loss

How much BM for an 8 month old?

I'm going to be traveling for 3 days in January when DS is 8 months old. I EBF (except for solids) and trying to determine what my stash needs to look like. He'll clean it out entirely while I'm gone if he needs what I think he'll need, which is about 30 oz a day. I don't have enough stored at this point, and with him not STTN, the pumping session I used to do before bed is no longer an option. I'm thinking I'll throw in an extra pumping session during the day while I'm working, just to get a couple extra ounces a day and build it up to where I need it to be.

What are your thoughts?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How much BM for an 8 month old?

• It's hard to say, DD is still pretty inconsistent with how much milk she drinks in a 24 hour period.  I generally plan on 28-30 also, but realistically I think it's about 20-24oz.  How much do you have in your stash now?  I think trying to add a pumping session in is a good idea.  Have you been giving him water during his meals?  Once DD finally got the hang of the sippy (which was very recently), she started taking in a little less milk. 

I'm out of town now, so I needed 2 days worth of milk for DD.  My supply started to dip right around 8 months, so my stash was already dwindling.  I think we may have about 10oz milk left in the freezer when I get home, which sucks!  So I'm trying to pump as much as I can on this trip to bring that home to help replenish the stash.

• At 8 months, DD was drinking 25 ounces of breast milk a day (five 5-ounce bottles). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"