3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone else induced?? Tell me your story please!

Being induced at 7:30 in the morning next Monday. My doctor uses pitocin. Wondering if anyone else got induced this way and how long did it take for your LO to come? I've read some horror stories about the pitocin practically making you beg for an epidural (which I planned on anyway), longer labor and csection chances. Wanting to hear your stories:)

Re: Anyone else induced?? Tell me your story please!

• Options
    Happy Story: Started pitocin at 9 am, broke my water at noon got an epi at 3 ( if you want one get it when they ask you ) had a baby at 7 . The only reason I even went that long is because I pushed for two and a half hours ( he didnt want to come out lol ) So I started pushing at about 4 .Dont listen to all the bad stories I did and I was terrified , but everything turned out great !!! Good luck you WILL do awesome and its soooo worth it !
  • Options

I was induced at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure.   I was only 2 cm dilated and barely effaced when they started. I also was not having any contractions.

The dr broke my water and then they started pitocin.    They broke my water at 7 PM.   I got an epidural at around 1 because the contractions were bearable but I was unable to sleep.   I knew I needed sleep so I would have enough energy to push and since I was only at 5 that point, I knew I had a ways to go.   I finally hit 10 at 10:45AM and DS was born 11:30.   So 16.5 hours from start to finish.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went to my 39 week appointment and was dilated 6 cm, so they sent me to L&D.  I was GBS+, so they wanted to start me on antibiotics before pitocin.  Around 2 p.m., they started pitocin.  The contractions were painful, but I could get through them.  I wasn't making progress and the doc wanted to break my water.  I was going for a more natural approach, so I didn't want them to do that.  She gave me a couple more hours, but I was still stuck at 7cm.  After she broke my water, contractions really started to REALLY hurt, so I got the epidural around 10pm.  I recommend getting the epidural before they break your water, if you want one.  I was 10 cm around 12:30 a.m., but they let me labor down for awhile.  I started pushing at 1:20 a.m. and DD was born at 1:32 a.m.

Good luck with your induction!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

Induced at 38 weeks with pitocin.  Planned the epi in advance so I didn't want it because of the pit.  

Pitocin started at 8 a.m.  Epi put in an 10.  Slept through my labor and woke up to push and deliver baby born at 2:28 p.m.  8lbs 2 oz.  

Easy breezy! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was induced with my 2nd child with pitocin.  Started around 6:30 am and she was born at 2:04 that afternoon.  No epi or anything for pain.  I'd say only the last 2 hrs. were really painful, but I survived it.  I'm more afraid of the epi and drugs than I am of the pain.  I just know the pain will be over once the baby is out.  I hope to have this one naturally.  Hopefully he will come on his own.  I'd rather not be induced. 
  • Options
    imagemelissaolemiss:

Being induced at 7:30 in the morning next Monday. My doctor uses pitocin. Wondering if anyone else got induced this way and how long did it take for your LO to come? I've read some horror stories about the pitocin practically making you beg for an epidural (which I planned on anyway), longer labor and csection chances. Wanting to hear your stories:)

I was induced after my water broke and had no contractions.  The pitocin pretty much started the contractions fast and hard.  I got the pitocin around 7 PM, and by 3 AM still was only dilated to 2-3.  They gave me an epi so they could crank the pitocin, and that worked really well.  He was born at 8:01 AM the next day.  It did pretty much make me beg for an epi, though.  I'd like to know what contractions without pitocin are one day...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

I have been induced twice. The first time was with baby #1 and it was awful. There were other things going on that made labor more difficult. I had preeclamsia and was hooked up to a magnesium IV that was not portable so I could not get up and move around. After 26 hours of labor they did an emergency c-section because my daughter's heart rate was going down every time I had a contraction. She was born healthy and happy and that is ultimately the goal. 

The 2nd time was with baby #2  and I was nervous because of the difficulty with the 1st delivery. Daughter #2 was born after only 9 hours and I did not have to have a c-section. I learned from my 1st experience. One thing I did differently (I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me) was picked a spot on the wall and envisioned a my cervix as a flower. At the beginning of labor the flower was closed but with each contraction I pictured the flower opening. The nurse did not believe me when I told her I needed to push. She said it was too fast and must be the epidural wearing off. My husband had to drag her in to the room. When she checked me she said "OMG the baby's head is crowning, wait, I have to get the doctor" LOL Baby was born safe and sound :)

Good  luck to you and I hope you have a safe and easy delivery!!

• Options
    Started pitocin around 8:00am, dr broke my water around noon, got my epidural around 3:00pm, Ds was born at exactly 7:30pm with approx 20 minutes of pushing.  I had absolutely NO pain from beginning to end except for a few contractions that felt like bad menstrual cramps, but then I got my epi.  After that I felt nothing except for DS coming out.  Even then it wasn't pain at all...just the feeling that he had come out!  Good luck to you!  I know everything will go smoothly!  Get ready for the most joyful day of your life! :)

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• Options

I was induced on my due date with DS.  Dr used cervadil (I think...) blue goo on my cervix to ripen/efface/dialate and we did walking/cervadil intervals for several hours; 8am - noon.  My water was broken around noon, pitocin started around 2pm.  Dialated to 5 around 7pm, delivered after 1.5 hours of pushing at 4 am the next morning.  While it was long (my body/ute didn't know what to do apparently), it wasn't all that bad and I didn't have an epidural.  DS was 9 lbs 1 oz. 

This time I will be open to the epidural...  good luck!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"