TTC After a Loss
Options

Another FB announcement

It's getting crowded on facebook.  Another pregnant friend announcing....  <sigh>  What really gets me is, I did NOT announce my pregnancy on facebook.  I wanted to wait until I was WELL along.....just in case.  I didn't announce my first pregnancy either - in fact, I showed up at a big event for a youth group I worked with 32 weeks pregnant, and a lot of the people there were so surprised, they just kept staring at my belly!  The friends I saw all the time knew, but I just sort of let the belly do the talking and never did actually "announce" anything. LoL  All the friends I have who are announcing are due in the summer - some are barely pregnant yet, but they are posting to the whole world!  And my thoughts always go to A) As long as you don't miscarry; followed by B) grrr, I'm jealous - STFU! 

<sigh>

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another FB announcement

• Options

I'm sorry!  I got bombarded with pics of a HS friend's new baby girl - who is named **** - what kind of name is that for a girl!?

ETA: Remove the name, you never know who is lurking out there....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Word to your whole post.  I didn't announce my first pregnancy on Facebook, so much so that some FB friends asked whose baby DD was when I posted pictures of her.

I didn't announce this last time, and wasn't planning on it.  Then I have a bunch of FB friends who pee on a stick and rush to post a status update about it.  Without fail, they're always fine.  I wonder sometimes if I should just be dumb and post an announcement if I get pg again, it's almost a guarantee that nothing will go wrong.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageolivia_eve:

Word to your whole post.  I didn't announce my first pregnancy on Facebook, so much so that some FB friends asked whose baby DD was when I posted pictures of her.

I didn't announce this last time, and wasn't planning on it.  Then I have a bunch of FB friends who pee on a stick and rush to post a status update about it.  Without fail, they're always fine.  I wonder sometimes if I should just be dumb and post an announcement if I get pg again, it's almost a guarantee that nothing will go wrong.

HmmmmmmHmm  Maybe that's what we need to do!  POAS and post the pic before it's even dry! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH and I didn't tell anyone when we found out in Sept...what is interesting is that my sister told me she was pregnant (and everyone she works with) the week after she found out - and that was 10 days before our u/s confirmed my mc.  I could only hope and pray the same thing didn't happen to her since she had told so many people at just 4 wks(ish).
  • Options
    I have those same thoughts.  I have seen about 20 FB pregnancy announcements in the past few weeks, most of them only 4-5 weeks.  I give them some serious side-eye announcing that early.
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
     I truly think that FB has been the MOST detrimental part of my TTC and TTCAL journey. Everytime I am upset, DH always says.. 'more news on FB" . It just makes me RAW. I honestly think the FH's all over FB are quite rude and someone needs to make a worldwide statement to tell them to shut the f up! 
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I hate going on to facebook for this reason. I have to admit DH and I came out on FB when we were 13 wks pregnant. Only because a friend outed us on there. I definitely get the same thoughts as you though when I see these posts.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

Yeah, I don't get the super early FB announcements.... I told friends/family, but we were waiting until after our 13 week appt. to do any FB type announcements (even though we were told at 10 weeks that we were in the clear.) 

It's ironic that all my friends who were pg around the same time announced as soon as they got their BFPs, I was cautious and waited and I'M the one who m/c'ed.  WTH?

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Facebook repulses me and not only have I hidden half of my friends list, but I hardly ever get on anymore because I just can't stand it.

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

FB is harsh all around. ((hugs)) to you for having to deal with all that nonsense.

My little sister got outed yesterday by my SIL. Sis posted a comment about a craving and SIL played on that. Before I knew it there were a bazillion congrats. I felt a little sad but at least she didn't make a huge corny announcement and post an ultrasound pic. I think she might be showing me some mercy :(

Ugghh...Hide those FB people for your own sanity. You don't need a play by play of their impending arrival. ((extra hugs just in case))

Natural MCs 2/4/09, 8/22/09 & 4/7/10
    Dx with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)
    BFP #4 5/14/12
    5/17/12...1st Betas- 176, P4 3.6
    5/22/12...2nd Betas- 207, P4 6.1 (MC confirmed)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"