Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

pink eye??

ok so on Thanksgiving my aunt came over to celebrate with us. We have a huge family so of course DS was passed around quite a bit. I know for sure my aunt had him for awhile though. Anyways since we are visiting from out of state we met up again the a few nights later for dinner and she says "I have to admire Mason from afar because Zach(her grown son that lives with her) has pink eye. I don't want him to catch it." She did not touch him at all that night and her son wasn't even there so I didn't worry too much about it. Well today I am noticing alot of gunk coming out of my baby's left eye. His eye isn't red or anything just really watery and gunky. I am trying not to freak out but I keep cleaning it and it just keeps coming back all day so now I am starting to wonder could this be the beginnings of pink eye? Could it be just because we are from FL and have been up in MI for a little over a week and it has been cold?

We will be going to the doctor as soon as we get home on Friday but for now I was wondering if there was anything I could do? Anybody had this happen to their LO? 

Re: pink eye??

• Options
    it could just be a clogged duct. If you are worried call your Pedi but I dont think he would get pinkeye if she never even touched him.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It is probably a clogged duct (hopefully).  Try gently massaging it with a warm washcloth.  DD had a clogged duct and whenever it would get really gunky I did this and it helped to clear it up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ok i hope that is all it is. I have been wiping his eye with a warm washcloth so I will just keep doing that and hope it clears up soon. I didn't think he could get pink eye if she never touched him but of course the timing was spot on so I started to worry. I forgot it could be a clogged duct. Thanks!
  • Options
    she was probably already carrying around the germs even though it wasn't manifesting itself with her son yet.  I know it sounds wierd but you can express a little BM and drop some in his eye- it works as a natural antibiotic and you'll probably only have to do it once or twice before it clears up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"