Parenting after a Loss

Ugh. Now I'M sick....and some questions

Last week LO had to go into the pediatrician for a 102 fever, was put on a course of antibiotics, tylenol and motrin. Tomorrow is his last dose, and then Thursday I take him in again to re-check for a possible ear infection.

All Thanksgiving week I was feeling run down and icky, but not full-on sick. Last night all of a sudden I had a fever and was bouncing back and forth between being super hot and freezing cold. I felt a bit better this morning but eventually took a 1/2 sick day because I was starting to feel worse. No fever. But.....

Tonight I feel like crap again, and when I checked the back of my throat it looks like I have strep. Calling in tomorrow and going to the doc for antibiotics.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I nurse if they put me on antibiotics? I read online that you can, if it's penicillin or it's cousins, but I wanted to check. Of course I'll be asking the doctor as well, but I would feel better if I have an answer tonight.

2. Should I dump the bottles I pumped today for LO's daycare tomorrow? I have a freezer stash I can dip into if necessary.

3. Should he stay home from daycare as a precaution? He's still finishing up his own antibiotics from last week so I'm thinking he should be ok....

Thanks in advance! :-)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
BFP/Labor/Everything Buddy: Papetvet/Erpetdoc

Re: Ugh. Now I'M sick....and some questions

• Oh goodness... sorry you've not been feeling well. 

I can't answer any of your questions, but I would be interested in the answer, in case I get sick this winter. 

Here's hoping that you both feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepapetvet:

Oh goodness... sorry you've not been feeling well. 

I can't answer any of your questions, but I would be interested in the answer, in case I get sick this winter. 

Here's hoping that you both feel better soon!

Thanks, I just hope he doesn't catch it from me!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP/Labor/Everything Buddy: Papetvet/Erpetdoc
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Check with your doctor and the pediatrician

2. Don't dump - your body is making good antibodies to fight the virus or infection - those antibodies will be passed onto your son, which is good for him!

3.  Unless he's still sick, I think he could still go to daycare - but that's just my opinion.  Do what makes you comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"