Multiples

Any good books to read for after the babies are here?

I'm working on a christmas list to give to my mother in law.  I thought putting a good parenting book for after the babies arrive would be a good idea.  Anyone have a good one they suggest?

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any good books to read for after the babies are here?

• The ones I found the most helpful were Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I'm reading The Happiest Baby on the Block and really like it.
  • Loading the player...
  • my favorites were "ready or not here we come" and "twin set" - both discuss dealing with "twin" issues from birth to school age.

Babywise = great book to read re: sleep training- but you'll want to read it before babies are here- as you start from day 1 pretty much, with a flexible routine, etc.... did it with all of my boys and all 3 were STTN at 8 weeks, great eaters, great sleepers.

• imageAloha510:
    I'm reading The Happiest Baby on the Block and really like it.

I'd actually recommend the DVD of this.  It's a great resource, but the DVD will save you some time. :)

My absolute favorite baby book is Baby 411. I read that after the arrival of DS1, referenced it throughout his first year, and continued to use it after the twins arrived.  We give it as gifts to first-time parents quite often, and they all tell us how much they read/use/love it. 

ETA: I also liked Ready or Not, Here They Come for more twin-specific info.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I really liked Ready or Not, Here They Come too- pretty quick and easy read!

I also would read up on the sleep training type books (Baby Wise, Baby Whisperer, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child/Twins, etc.) before the babies come. I didn't read anything like that before and now I am scrambling to figure out what to do.
    BFP July 09 - m/c Aug 09
    BFP Nov 09 - c/p Dec 09
    BFP Dec 09 - A&J born in August 2010 at 37w, 6d
    BFP Sept 11 - ectopic pregnancy/left tube removed
    BFP April 12 - E born December 2012 at 39w, 1d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh and yeah, I also recommend watching the HBOTB DVD!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"