1st Trimester
Options

BFP! And scheduled to get flu shot tomorrow?

Hi ladies, I am in shock!  I just tested and got a BFP!  Our first month trying.  I can't believe it!!!   I wanted to introduce myself and let you know how excited I am to get to know all of you and have so many people to share my 1st Trimester experiences!

With that introduction out of the way, I have an important question.  I am scheduled to get my flu shot at work TOMORROW.  We had to sign up in advance and, if you sign up, they expect you to follow through (it required a minimum to get the company to offer them at our workplace).  That being said, I obviously don't want to get it if it could be dangerous for the baby.  But I'm afraid I won't even be able to get in touch with my doctor before the shots being offered at 10.   In the research I've done, it seems like doctors generally think it's safe even in the first trimester.  However, I've seen some doctors recommend waiting until the 2nd?  Flu season will be well under way, if not over by that point.  What are your thoughts?  Any advice from your doctors on this issue?  Thanks! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: BFP! And scheduled to get flu shot tomorrow?

• Options

I had my flu shot at my first OB appointment with both DS and this LO

As long as it's not the live virus (the nasal spray), you should be good  :) 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    You'll be fine to get the shot. Most Obs actually push the flu shot like crazy, no matter the trimester.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi, I'm lurking, but wanted to chime in. You're fine, I had both the regular and swine flu shots early on while prego with DS.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

CONGRATS!!!! ?Here is to a H & H 9 months!

And I also received my Flu shot in the first tri.. My doc actually?recommended?this. ?Good Luck!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Totally fine, I got one at my OB office on my first apt, and with #1 I was working and got it at work. Just know that they do have you fill that form out (or at least my work did) and it specifically asks if you are pregnant, so if you aren't telling work yet, you may try to tell the nurse to be discrete about mentioning/talking about it while you are getting the shot. Everytime I have gotten one at work it is a group setting with no privacy.
  • Options
    They recommend pregnant women to get the flu shot.  Just no nasal spray! 
  • Options

congrats!!

i just post the same question this morning. I'm 7 weeks and have an appt for my flu shot this saturday! the general consensus from everyone was to get the shot. 

• Options

I got my flu shot the day before I found out and I just let the nurse know that I could be preggers. She said it was fine and actually encouraged to get the flu shot during pregnancy. I guess it not only makes you less likely to get the flu but the baby too for the first few months after being born - or something like that, I don't recall what she actually told me but it put my mind at ease. You will be fine, don't stress - just enjoy this time!

Congrats!!!

• Options
    Thanks for all the information and well wishes!  I feel much better already!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my flu shot today, my doctor's office recommended it and it is recommended by the CDC. I had it done at Walgreen's, they do have to know that you are pregnant so you don't get the nasal mist which contains a live virus. They also gave me a shot without the preservative. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers pregnancy calendar
  • Options

My doctor highly suggested (highly pressured) me into getting the flu shot when I went to see her in Sept. I hadn't had it for years - and also didn't get the flu those years. The years I got the flu shot, I got the flu, which is why I gave up on it.

About 1/3 of the people I work with have come down with it this past week and tonight I started showing symptoms :(

So - the shot is safe, which has already been established in this thread - just do what makes you comfy is what I'm saying in my groggy state.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"