Multiples
Options

Very weepy tonight.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, after only two months, because I used the first month of my FMLA for bedrest.  My husband is out of town for work and won't be back for a couple of days.  We have a nanny that will be with the boys while I'm at work.  She's come by a couple of times a week for the last month, so the boys are used to her.  Tonight, Danny began his usual nightly breakdown and cried and cried when I tried to comfort him.  As soon as the nanny took him, he stopped and was all smiles.

I feel like a horrible mother for going back to work.  And I feel like a horrible mother for not knowing how to comfort my child and that another woman can comfort him when I can't.  I'm afraid that my children are going to think of her as their mommy.

I keep crying.  I feel so guilty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimagemy read shelf:
Melanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Very weepy tonight.

• Options
    im so sorry...im sorry i dont have any help for you.  But I do have a big computer ((HUG))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I used to be a nanny and although the boys and I were very close, (one was 12 weeks when I started watching them, the other 4 years old) they knew I was Miss Michelle, and mommy was mommy! The baby probably just quieted down because it was a new face to look at.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for responding and for the hugs.  I didn't realize it was going to hit me like this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimagemy read shelf:
    Melanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Don't worry! Your babies know you are mommy. He could probably just sense your stress/worry. Babies can sense that and it makes it harder for them to calm down. Your nanny doesn't have as much of an emotional connection to your babies as you do, so in turn was probably not as stressed because baby boy was crying. As a mom, it is the hardest thing to hear your baby cry...but trust me they know YOU are mommy. Good luck with going back to work, and just think how excited you will be to see your babies when you get home each day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"