Pregnant after IF
Options

When were you let off of pelvic rest after IVF/FET?

I was told no sex the few days before FET until neg. beta or heartbeat.  Well, we saw a heartbeat yesterday (thank God!) and I asked the nurse if I was off pelvic rest and this is what she said " be gentle, well wait, you might want to wait until your exit appt with RE (next week)".

So do you think she told me to wait because she wasn't sure what RE would say?  I really miss sex and I know DH does.  It wouldn't be a rough go of it anyway.  Should I wait until next week (I mean, really, what's one more week after 7 anyway)?

What were you told?

ETA:  No spotting, cramping, etc.  No "reason" to be on pelvic rest except that it was a FET and that it their rule.

Re: When were you let off of pelvic rest after IVF/FET?

• Options

Congrats on the hb!!!  It's so exciting to see :)

I was actually never put on pelvic or any other kind of rest.  The only thing I was told was to take it easy the rest of the day of ET and not to lift over 15 lbs.  Other than that I was allowed to resume normal activities.

Your nurse is probably just being cautious, but I might wait the extra week if it were me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were told yesterday after seeing the heartbeat that we were clear for sex & orgasm. I'm too chicken sh*t to do it though. Poor DH it's going to be a long road for him ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My RE actually never lifted the pelvic rest and lifting limitations.  I think that they just forgot at my graduation appt at 8w2d.  That said both DH and I are way to worried about the pregnancy to risk it with sex.  Maybe we're weird but we have waited to long to get here we aren't taking any chances.  Maybe that will change later on, maybe it won't.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations on hearing the heartbeat today!!  That is so exciting!

We were told we could resume bedroom activities following our 2nd beta test, which was last Friday.  We'll be 5 weeks tomorrow, and we're just told to "take it easy." 

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

We were told not until after we saw the heartbeat which was Friday but since I started spotting again we have decided to wait even longer. 

We haven't had sex since September!   Poor DH but I think he scared of hurting something too so he is ok with it.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say congratulations on seeing the hb!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm still on limited activity and pelvic rest.  I'm hoping they'll let me off when go in on Thursday.  We have had sex since September either.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    I am still on limited activity and pelvic rest because of my SCH.  I don't think I've had sex since early Sept, because my ovaries hurt so bad during stims having had 40+ follies. Poor DH hates it but I think he knows it is for the best.  I am not in any hurry to get it on though!
    After 3 years, 3 losses, and 3 IVF's, our little girls have arrived! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Zoo
  • Options

I've never been let off of pelvic rest.

I had SCH's through first tri, unexplained bleeding in second tri and then I went into labor in third tri. So yeah, my husband is posting a big fat goose egg for 2010, but he's getting two babies :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"