Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Weight Question

We had our 12 month well baby check (A little behind because we just moved) today. DS went from 45 percentile to 18 percentile for weight and in height 50 percentile up to 81 percentile. Is this normal? The doctor didn't seem overly concerned as long as he was still gaining but I just wanted to see if this matched anyone elses experience.
imageimage

Re: Weight Question

• they will go up and down often - mine have bounced between 50th to 97th percentile between well visits... chances are your LO will have a growth spurt soon.
  • That's true about depending when they hit their growth spurts. My boys both dropped a lot in weight percentiles between 9m and 12m. They were both really chunky as infants but slimmed down quite a bit when they became mobile and have both been slim for their heights since then.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • From what I have read, and my Pedi has said - It is common for them to bounce around a bit. Especially when they are getting mobile and moving non stop.

My LO is a bit younger than yours, but he dropped from 50% to 30% from 6 to 9 months in weight. 

I am anticipating him to drop again at his 12 month appointment because he hasn't gained much weight because is moving so much these days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I attributed it to being more active during that time span.  My little guy has barely gained any weight in the last 6 months, but has hit all his milestones and is healthy.  So I wouldn't worry :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"