Babies on the Brain

Tuesday question about charting

There's a maximum amount of days for the luteal phase, right? What is the max? I mean, it can't go on forever.

(BFF has my TCOYF book otherwise I'd look it up myself)

Re: Tuesday question about charting

• TCOYF says anything past 18 days likely indicates pregnancy.  Let me look and see if it says anything else...
  • I should clarify and say a LP that does NOT indicate pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • nm. google is my friend ;) answer: 16.
  • OK, the only other thing I can find about luteal phase length (not including short phases, since that's not the question) is this -

"If your thermal shift consistently occurs more than two days after the Peak Day (I'm not entirely sure what she means by peak day, btw, possibly referring to CBEFM or OPKs), it probably means that your body reacts slowly to the heat-inducing progesterone released after ovulation.  In such a case, it may be more accurate to count the second day after the Peak as the first day of the luteal phase rather than waiting for a thermal shift."

However, later in the book it applies that rule to those with fewer than 10 days in their normal LP, so I'm not sure it applies if it's super long... my reasoning skills are shot tonight.

Sorry if that was confusing, lol.  Basically I don't think there's a 'max', but usually anything past 18 days calls for an HPT.  I would call the doc after 3-4 weeks if you still had negative HPTs and no AF.

• Thanks for your research! I appreciate it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"