Breastfeeding

Drinking water...

How much water do you drink a day?

I know for sure I am not drinking enough water. I'll maybe have one or two cups a day. It's just so hard for me to drink now. When I was pregnant I craved water!

Does drinking lots of water really help your supply? I'd really like to start building a bigger stash for when I go back to work...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer

Re: Drinking water...

• If you're dehydrated, your supply will be low.  If you drink more water, you might notice your supply increase and you should be able to start building a stash.

I try to sit down with a glass of water every time I sit down for a feed.  If you get into this habit, you should find it easy to get the water you need!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejaimierose88:

How much water do you drink a day?

I know for sure I am not drinking enough water. I'll maybe have one or two cups a day. It's just so hard for me to drink now. When I was pregnant I craved water!

Does drinking lots of water really help your supply? I'd really like to start building a bigger stash for when I go back to work...

I am testing this theory today.

DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Loading the player...
  • I can definitally tell what days I didnt drink enough water. The days I dont drink water I get like 2-4oz's less of milk per pumping session. I drink about 96oz of water a day. I love water though. I have a big thermas with a straw and I just keep ice water in it all times. I pump about 5-6 times a day and Im able to feed DD her 26oz a day and I have a little over 1,000oz's in the freezer already.
  • I had an antibiotic resistant mastitis, so I had to go on an antibiotic that I was sensitive to and made me extremely thirsty. I was drinking almost 200oz a day. My supply increased to 55oz a day and stayed that way until I reduced the number of pumping sessions per day. Drink lots of water!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"