Success after IF

Dr. Google & I broke up.

I brought Cal in again today b/c I was worrying my life away and after much discussion (Dr. T is awesome), his dr. told me, "he's fine.  i'm telling you, he's fine."

And I decided then and there that I needed to break up with Dr. Google.  HE is to blame for my constant worry.  I mean, of course when you see a rash on your child that's associated with dire causes, you're going to worry.  But did I really need to freak every time I saw some other benign thing that I wouldn't think twice about under normal circumstances?  Even in spite of a (basically) normal CBC?

I seriously felt the worst I have ever felt in my life in the last 4 days.  Utterly consumed by worry...unable to eat or sleep.  It's not healthy.  I'm not promising I'll never go through this again, but I did learn a lesson.

Now, Dr. T. just better be right.

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr. Google & I broke up.

• I'm trying to convince myself to break up with Dr. Google as well.  So far, it isn't working for me....
  • Dr. Google is really paranoid. He had made me think that both myself and my children have serious diseases that have turned out to be nothing.

I think it's great that you broke up with him. Stick out tongue

Glad you are feeling better. Motherhood is such a tricky thing, huh? Makes you happier than you have ever been in your life but at the same time makes you feel so vulnerable that something could happen to your little one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • good god, mama! what did I miss? rash? dire causes? cbc?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
    "our IF story"
  • I dislike Dr. Google and his images... I think they are worse. I'm glad Dr. T say's Cal is fine!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageroaringrock:
    good god, mama! what did I miss? rash? dire causes? cbc?

Too long to type out now...https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/45901683.aspx

LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

• Dr. Google is the worst doc on the planet!  I'm so glad you're leaving his practice!  I know Cal will be just fine!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTheSkimmy:
    I dislike Dr. Google and his images... I think they are worse. I'm glad Dr. T say's Cal is fine!

I agree with the Skims!

Sorry you are going through this.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • it sounds like all is ok. these marks just appeared recently? I have never even heard of petechia (sp?)

the internet for medicine is NO GOOD! what we read about lead poisoning made me want to jump in the ocean with cinder blocks tied to my feet. the horror! I'll say it again, ignorance is bliss. AND if you trust your doctor, listen to him and follow his advice.

hang in there. motherhood is indeed hard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
    "our IF story"
  • imageroaringrock:

it sounds like all is ok. these marks just appeared recently? I have never even heard of petechia (sp?)

Yes, they started showing up Thanksgiving night.  Only reason I knew about them is b/c of a previous rash he had that fit that description.  These are a lot different, though, in that it happens anywhere there is friction/pressure...same idea as bruising easily, but they aren't bruises, it's bleeding under the skin that appears red. 

Hematologist says it's viral.  Not exactly common, but not completely unusual, either.  He may have a minor clotting disorder that's causing it.

Life is beautiful!

• glad you are feeling better ...this is a tough job and we don't need Dr. google ruining it for us!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"