2nd Trimester

s/o gender disappointment

When I told my sisters I was having a boy, one said "Atleast it's healthy." and the other said "Oh no, send it back." 

I am happy we are having a boy, but I have 6 nephews. So they were rooting for a girl. I hung up on the one that said "send it back." Ended up making me cry when I was on top of the world. :( 

I was really hurt.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o gender disappointment

• While I'm sure they were kidding, it still would've hurt my feelings too. I'm sure you were really excited to share your news and then they had to rain on your parade :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why someone would think saying "send it back" is funny is beyond me. Tell them to go to hell....smh.

5/9/2013 = Our rainbow was born!!

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
    06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
    12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
    01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Aww, I am sorry that she made you cry.  At least he will have lots of boy cousins to play with and learn from. 
  • My sisters reacted pretty much the same way.  When I sent my oldest sister the text that said he is a boy, she took about 10 minutes to reply, "Oh, well....we'll love him anyway!" 

Yes, I was hoping for a girl - we all were, but God gave us a boy, and I'm excited!   Of course, now everyone is thrilled.  The same sister who said that talks to my belly every time she sees me, and he kicks for her.  They're going to be thick as thieves when he gets here.

• Thanks, I am happy with a boy, I would have been happy with a girl. But I already know the drill when it comes to boys. I have no clue when it comes to girls. I have never even changed a girl diaper. So I was elated when I found out it was boy. 

My older sisters have always loved raining on my parade and normally I can just ignore them, but my hormones make that much harder. Luckily they live several hours away, so I can just ignore their phone calls.  

• Seriously, people seem to be unaware of their stupid comments.

My SIL said to me after I announced that we're having a girl, she said "oh, didn't you tell me that you wanted a boy" " Are you ok with this?" First off I never said I preferred any gender, 2nd..people suck.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sucks. People say the dumbest things, seriously. I am sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings though. We came over SO excited to share our news with my ILs and my MIL (who has all boys) says, "Oh, I'm sorry honey, I know you wanted a girl." Um NO actually you wanted a girl, I just wanted a baby and I was actually happy to find out either way!
  • Everyone I work with swore that I was going to have a girl.  When I told them it was a boy, I had one person say "Oh no."  Another gave a similar disappointed remark.  I just kinda brushed it off, but people can be so rude!  I'm happy we're having a boy!  Of course, I would love to have a little girl someday too, but the thought of having a "big brother" first is pretty cool!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, not really nice. I would have deducted serious "aunt time" from them!
  • That's too bad. At least you know you're definitely not alone on this one! When we told my FIL we're having a girl, he said, "you're kidding, right?" No, we're not kidding! Then there were the comments about having to pay a dowry later on, etc. I wasn't too surprised, that's my FIL!
  • That's annoying. Before we found out we were having a girl this time around, SIL actually told me it wouldn't be as fun and exciting if it were another boy. I know she didn't mean anything by it, but it annoyed me!
  • On my side, there are 2 boys and one girl (my nephews and niece).  On my husband's side, there are 3 girls and one boy!  My husband's side is kind of hoping for a little boy since girls are the majority, but everyone will either be tickled pink or blue!  I would be shocked if anyone uttered those comments to us.  However, we have had problems getting pregnant and have been through a couple of miscarriages, so of course all we and our family wants is a healthy baby! 

I'm hoping they come around and apologize to you.  It's definitely in order.

Stephanie Hsu
  • I'm so sorry - they never should have said those things to you. ?I know everyone in DH's family is rooting for a girl this time around (all boys in his family, including 4 nephews) but no one would ever say that to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"