Austin Babies
Options

Whoawhoawhoa. Bedbugs at Old Navy?

What's the story with this, guys? Are they in a store or a warehouse or what? 

I totally have the heebie-jeebies thinking about this.  

Business Cat. image

Re: Whoawhoawhoa. Bedbugs at Old Navy?

• Options
    Joyco said her friend said they're at the warehouse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I saw it posted on a MoMs board that they are in a warehouse in Columbus, OH. What I am unclear on is if they could only get to us if we order online or if our stores get distributions from there. I bought this weekend knowing it because the deals were too good to pass up, but I know I won't feel that way if we end up with bedbugs. :/
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Someone on another board I frequent mentioned that someone "in the know" told her that ON's warehouse has had a problem with bedbugs and if you have to buy something from ON, wash it in really hot water before hanging it up or wearing it.

I have the heebie-jeebies thinking about it too, bedbugs seriously creep me out.  I LOVE me some Old Navy, so it's making me a bit sad too.

• Options
    imageambaler8:

Someone on another board I frequent mentioned that someone "in the know" told her that ON's warehouse has had a problem with bedbugs and if you have to buy something from ON, wash it in really hot water before hanging it up or wearing it.

I have the heebie-jeebies thinking about it too, bedbugs seriously creep me out.  I LOVE me some Old Navy, so it's making me a bit sad too.

Hmm, guess I just found out that my niece has an account with the Knot/Nest/Bump.  Crap.  (she borrowed Jay's laptop and I didn't even think about that when I posted, saw no sig and then realized the name.  EFFING HELL!  Now I have to really watch what I say.  ha!)

• Options

Okay, but what if I bought holiday presents from ON? I don't want to wash it before giving it. 

And do we know how long there has been a problem? I can't believe this hasn't been in the news.

Business Cat. image
  • Options
    imageMrsRosie:

This article has some tips on how to spot them.  Oh, and I want to barf and bathe it bleach now.

https://www.stylelist.com/2010/08/26/bed-bugs-clothing-treatment/

Indifferent

My entire head is itching right now.  I wish I could un-read that article!

• Options
    I just got home with $75 in clothes for Meredith from ON. I normally don't wash the kids' clothes on hot to avoid shrinkage, but now I'm debating that. I think she'll freak out if I take everything back to the store.
  • Options
    Oh God.  I just ordered a sh!tton of clothes for DH from there yesterday.  ::barf::
  • Options
    My Google Fu brings up nothing on warehouse infestation and only info about the NYC retail stores, Hollister and A&F. NYC, as you know had a pretty bad infestation with them this summer and I don't know the current state of things, but I don't believe it's escalated to warehouses in the Midwest. I wouldn't worry about clothes from Old Navy, it's kind of sounding like a lot of rumors.
  • Options
    imageMrsRosie:

It sounds like Central Ohio is having a big(?) problem. Since that's where the warehouse is, that could be part of the rumor/story/problem. 

I did hear that OH is having a pretty big problem, at least this was the case a few months ago.  and I refuse to open any of the links you all posted - ignorance is bliss.  lalalalalalalalalalalala. 

• Options
    I'm itchy.  Not from the clothes but from this thread.  ::scratch, scratch::
  • Options
    imagessinca:
    imageMrsRosie:

It sounds like Central Ohio is having a big(?) problem. Since that's where the warehouse is, that could be part of the rumor/story/problem. 

and I refuse to open any of the links you all posted - ignorance is bliss.  lalalalalalalalalalalala. 

ditto. ignorance is total bliss when it comes to bb. (can't even spell the words- I'm so ignorant.)

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"