Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Which musical instruments for a 2 year old?

I have heard lots of recommendations for West Instruments... but which one does your dc enjoy the most?

I am also thinking about the B. Parum Pum Drum

https://www.amazon.com/B-Parum-Pum-Drum/dp/B003XNWXOW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291150737&sr=8-2-fkmr1

wdyt?

TIA!! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which musical instruments for a 2 year old?

• Options

dd has something similar to your link, and she's just starting to get disinterested in it. Maybe a little too "babyish" I don't know....

She's starting to like more real instruments now. Esp her harmonica, tambourine and jingle bells similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/Sleigh-Bells-Jingle-Christmas-Reindeer/dp/B00302ZA8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291154021&sr=8-1

• Options

I ordered a lot of instruments form West Music last year and had a great experience with their company..quality products, fast shipping, etc.

https://www.westmusic.com/1002405-kids

We've been to 4 different types of music classes lately and all the instructors had remo drums for the children to play with, so, we're getting dd the 10'' floor drum and maybe some bongos for Christmas. I also got her the Melissa & Doug Band in a box at just about 50% off on Amazon.  West Music just had free shipping this weekend..but I'm not sure what they are offering now. Hope this helps:)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the drum from Plan Toys- she loves it.  We also have a tamborine and xylophone.  Sorry, my spelling is awful. 

She loves them all.  We do go to a music class once a week, which she really enjoys.  We sing and play instruments. 

• Options
    Hey Lauren! Ohdeedoh had a little write up today on musical instruments for kids. Here's the link. Some looked really cool!
    imageimage Leslie G. My Bio| Bloggy style Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD1 got a very similar set (Parents one. It's almost identical) for her 1st b-day. She LOVES music and instruments but she basically plays only with the drum in that set. The other parts aren't musical/real enough I guess. It's hard to really play much with them.

But, she does love the drum. And we have a Melissa and Doug piano that she loves playing. I'm also planning on getting the girls some of the Melissa and Doug instrument sets. They're wooden and more realistic and I think (based on their love of the instruments in music class) that these will get used a LOT!

Oh, and DD is begging me for an accordion, so I got her one for Xmas ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"