Parenting after a Loss

bad sleep habits?

LO has been super fussy lately when put down to bed.  He spits out the paci over and over again, crying to get it back each time.  This can go on for almost an hour, no matter what time we put him to bed.

So DH puts him in the swing to fall asleep, which works like a charm, and moves him after he falls asleep.  Am I setting myself up for a life of complete dependancy on the swing? Will we have to buy him one to take to college with him? (ok, over dramatic, I know, but seriously - bad idea??)

Re: bad sleep habits?

• He's still little!  I wouldn't worry about it for another couple of months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • It's fine for now...LO is still so little he doesn't know the difference.  Just follow his lead and he will let you know when he's ready.  LO did the same and then all of a sudden it was night time in the crib and only naps in swing and now it's almost no naps in swing, which actually makes me a little sad. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemchell9:
    It's fine for now...LO is still so little he doesn't know the difference.  Just follow his lead and he will let you know when he's ready.  LO did the same and then all of a sudden it was night time in the crib and only naps in swing and now it's almost no naps in swing, which actually makes me a little sad. 

This... Blake slept in the swing the first month or so (holy battery bill).  We finally moved him to the PNP at night (after falling asleep in the swing), and he slept well in it.  Now he sleeps in his crib (Crying) at night.  He gets fed, and put down dozing.  It was a really easy transition for us. 

He still naps where ever (bouncer, swing, boppy, sometimes crib).  Naps are still a free-for-all.

He will get better as he gets older.

IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"