Eco-Friendly Family
Options

seperation anxiety...

how do you deal with this? especially at night.... DS cries hysterically when we put him in his crib for naps and bedtime...it really breaks my heart to hear him cry like that :-( he has been STTN for over a month and the last few nights he wakes up crying anywhere from 2-4am.. I go in and pat his back, put his mobile on, and he smiles at me... and when I leave he starts up again even more upset than when I first went in.. I give him a few minutes and go back in.. this carries on for an hour or so.. help!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: seperation anxiety...

• Options

We have NEVER been able to leave Norah in her room awake. She must be asleep when we leave her room.  But like I mentioned on FB, this was when we decided we needed to go strictly to co-sleeping, and then she rarely woke back up during the night as long as I was next to her.

Good luck!

• Options
    imageMissyOlivePants:

We have NEVER been able to leave Norah in her room awake. She must be asleep when we leave her room.  But like I mentioned on FB, this was when we decided we needed to go strictly to co-sleeping, and then she rarely woke back up during the night as long as I was next to her.

Good luck!

the bears are pretty good in the sense that I can put them down for naps and bed awake and they fall asleep on their own.. this isn't exactly how I wanted it.. but it's what works for us right now.. (I tried rocking them to sleep.. but could only rock one at a time and how do I choose??! the other baby would cry)

we co-slept briefly with DD in a snuggle nest because she had reflux and was up a lot.. now she outgrew it and is back in  her crib..

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At around 9 months we started bringing C into our bed once he woke up at night.  It helped keep my sanity lol
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

imageluvlieK:
    At around 9 months we started bringing C into our bed once he woke up at night.  It helped keep my sanity lol

I'm going to need a bigger bed, lol

• Options

Co-sleeping wasn't for us and it doesn't sound like that is what you're looking to do right now either.  What about patting/rubbing his back more until he is further asleep.  Also, maybe the mobile and smiling is too much stimulation for him at night.  I would probably keep things quiet and dark.  I remember reading to try to avoid eye contact, speaking, etc to try to not wake them up more and so they know it's sleepy time not time to play...to limit to shushing, rocking, patting, etc.  I would say to rock back to sleep but it sounds like you're not looking to do that right now either.  I probably wouldn't do a modified CIO this young yet but thats just me.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options
    imagemarbear81:

imageluvlieK:

lol tell me about it.  Between our dog, dh, me, and C sleeping sideways there is NO room.  This baby will have to like his room lol 

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    imagemarbear81:

imageluvlieK:

lol tell me about it.  Between our dog, dh, me, and C sleeping sideways there is NO room.  This baby will have to like his room lol 

47 months &
    11 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"