Success after IF
Options

Low testosterone...morphology issues?

DH's hormone labs came back, and everything was good except for the testosterone.  It was lower but not horribly low.  The nurse said our urologist will call back tomorrow to see if it needs to be treated. 

DH has 0% normal morphology...could this be a reason?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
IUI x4 = BFN
IVF = sometime in 2012

Re: Low testosterone...morphology issues?

• Options
    I know my DH has morphology issues and low testosterone...so I think they are related.  See what the urologist says though.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Could be.  My DH had zero normal morph but his testosterone was normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my dh has borderline testosterone and his main issue was count.  His morph was 9% which is lower than normal but our doc said anything above 5% was ok in his book.
  • Options

I dont know if that is the reason..but it might be afactor. Has he been to a uro? It could be a vericille too (which my DH also had that in both testies..stage 2 and stage 4)...but were all his other numbers okay?

My DH has severly low testosterone (I'm talking lower than a FEMALE level!) so it caused real problems with heis sperm. We spent nearly 2 years working with a male infertility uro trying to fix him and get his testosterone/sperm production up. He did have low morph, but more importanly he had very very low motilty, which made his low end of normal counts an issue. Both our uro and RE beleive that morph is that least of the male IF problems...meaning is low morph is your only prob. you can still get pg with little intervention (IUI's. etc.) and we did! 3rd one worked! After my Dh spent a couple month on hcg injects we were able to start IUI's!

My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Options
    imageMrs.LisaP:

I dont know if that is the reason..but it might be afactor. Has he been to a uro? It could be a vericille too (which my DH also had that in both testies..stage 2 and stage 4)...but were all his other numbers okay?

My DH has severly low testosterone (I'm talking lower than a FEMALE level!) so it caused real problems with heis sperm. We spent nearly 2 years working with a male infertility uro trying to fix him and get his testosterone/sperm production up. He did have low morph, but more importanly he had very very low motilty, which made his low end of normal counts an issue. Both our uro and RE beleive that morph is that least of the male IF problems...meaning is low morph is your only prob. you can still get pg with little intervention (IUI's. etc.) and we did! 3rd one worked! After my Dh spent a couple month on hcg injects we were able to start IUI's!

DH has severe morphology and mild motility issues...now along with slightly low testosterone.  All of his other numbers are great, and he has no varicoceles.  He's seeing an urologist.  Tomorrow we should hear back from uro about a plan, whether or not he will need hormone replacement for the lower testosterone.  His SA will be repeated in January...(the ones in Sept and October were very similar).

IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options

Well just a warning if you are TTC...DO NOT LET HIM TAKE TESTOSTERONE for the low T. That will make him sterile...the goal is to try and find a treatment that makes him raise his T levels naturallly. This can be done with clomid, arimidiex, hcg injects, along with a few other drugs depneding on how he responds and if the uro even thinks that is neccesary. hcg injects is what finally did the trick for us. and after our BFP we banked 2 samples of sperm and DH went back on testosterone shots (male birth control) when i was 12 weeks. Just a heads up...I've heard too many stories about that so I jsut want you to be aware that thats what straight testosterone therapy does to fertility.

GL!!

My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Options
    imageMrs.LisaP:

Well just a warning if you are TTC...DO NOT LET HIM TAKE TESTOSTERONE for the low T. That will make him sterile...the goal is to try and find a treatment that makes him raise his T levels naturallly. This can be done with clomid, arimidiex, hcg injects, along with a few other drugs depneding on how he responds and if the uro even thinks that is neccesary. hcg injects is what finally did the trick for us. and after our BFP we banked 2 samples of sperm and DH went back on testosterone shots (male birth control) when i was 12 weeks. Just a heads up...I've heard too many stories about that so I jsut want you to be aware that thats what straight testosterone therapy does to fertility.

GL!!

Thanks!  I didn't know what they used to counteract the low testosterone...so I was just assuming.  I've heard good things about the hCG injects, Clomid, etc.  He may not even need anything...anxiously awaiting to hear what our uro says tomorrow.  We also have an appt with our RE.  This all has hit DH pretty hard.  We always thought it was just me...PCOS, etc.  The morphology was hard for him...and now the testosterone.  

IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options

my dh was on clomid - and I swear it's the reason we got pg!  let me know if you have any questions about it!

E

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"