2nd Trimester

hypnosis for childbirth

has anyone done this, or know anything about it?  I saw this in another post and downloaded the free demo mp3. It's interesting... wondering if it's legit or a "hippie sales pitch" (as my SIL put it)

https://www.hypnobabies.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hypnosis for childbirth

• Try posting this on the Natural Birth board also. I've also read a bunch of hypnobaby birth stores on there too. 
    Our active toddler: Born March 14, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Excited for version 2.0: BFP- 10/8/12 EDD: June 21, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • It helped me stay relaxed throughout the pregnancy and it helped me to feel prepared, but it was all out the window once I was in labor.  I think it would have been great if I had been able to have a natural birth, but I ended up having to be induced and the contractions are SO much more painful on Pitocin.  No amount of hypnosis and cds could get me through the pain.
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Loading the player...
  • If by "hypnosis" you mean "drug induced calm", then yes I'm definitely planning on this.
  • imageFLchick7:
    If by "hypnosis" you mean "drug induced calm", then yes I'm definitely planning on this.

LOL

• It is legit. 

If you use iTunes look up the podcast "Pregtastic". They have done a few podcasts on hypnosis for childbirth, including pne called "Hypnocurious about Hypnobabies" (episode 115) and one with Marie Mongan, who is affiliated with Hypnobirthing (episode 39, the episode previous is a podcaster who use the Mongan method for her homebirth). There is another called Hypbirth but I don't know anything at all about it. 

We are thinking about it for this time.  

• I have friends who used it and loved it, so I'm going to give it a try. I just got my home study course in the mail. I got it a bit cheaper on ebay.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • I've heard of it but am not using it.  I've heard good stories and not so good stories.  Definitely try natural birth board though.  You will probably get more feedback on it there!
  • imagemommydale:
    I've heard of it but am not using it.  I've heard good stories and not so good stories.  Definitely try natural birth board though.  You will probably get more feedback on it there!

thanks. will try the natural birth board- however i'm not sold on the natural birth idea. I'm thinking of trying this technique as PART of my "birth plan" but don't plan to necessarily go 100% natural. It seems to me like it just really helps with a positive attitude and relaxation- both I believe are important. I don't know if I want to invest the money on the program since I won't be 100% dedicated to it. I'm just interested in anything that will help prepare me mentally for L&D!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"