Babies on the Brain

I know I don't post a lot anymore, but I need Dr. BOTB please

Hi everyone,

First, I've been lurking and love seeing all the new babies and bumps!

Now for my question: Josh has had croup 3x in two months.  Is that normal?   Are there other options/diagnoses I should be exploring?  Has anybody had a similar experiencing?

TIA and hope everyone is having a good night. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I know I don't post a lot anymore, but I need Dr. BOTB please

• I'm guessing it has not completely went away and keeps returning.  Plus his immune system has been under a great deal of stress if he has been so sick, so he might just be more susceptible to infection.

Sorry, no idea about other diagnoses although asthma pops into my head for some reason.  Hope he feels better soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • :( poor kid.  I don't have any ideas, but I hope he feels better very soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegoofyteacher:

I'm guessing it has not completely went away and keeps returning.  Plus his immune system has been under a great deal of stress if he has been so sick, so he might just be more susceptible to infection.

Sorry, no idea about other diagnoses although asthma pops into my head for some reason.  Hope he feels better soon.

No clue but this sounds good to me!!!

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh noes! Poor baby :(

Croup sucks, for real. Ayden was hospitalized with it once and got it quite often last year. I think he had about 4 cases of it in a year. In fact, he had a lot of upper respiratory illnesses back to back and it concerned the pedi. He was eventually diagnosed with Hyperactive Airway Disease (which is basically childhood asthma). He was put on a steroid via a nebulizer once a day. Let me tell you?. what a difference it has made! Honestly, since he's been on the treatment, he hasn't gotten sick since (knock wood a million times). 

He won't be on the treatment forever. The Dr has been evaluating him every couple months and lowers his dosage. Hopefully, he will be off of it completely over time and from what I understand the HAD could completely go away in a few years on its own. I hope that is the case.

I would say to let your concerns be known to your pedi. Lots of luck with everything and I hope J doesn't get that dreaded croup again :( 

• Thanks ladies.  I appreciate the the advice/thoughts.  You all are the best.  I know I wasn't a superstar poster to begin with, but hopefully I'll find more time to post sometime soon b/c I miss everyone. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"