Indiana Babies
Options

My job is toxic

Ugh, I really need to vent about my job.  It's getting worse by the week.  Long story short, our school is small, so they only give us 3 days a week for music (orchestra, band, choir).  So, the band teacher and I are always fighting with the choir teacher for music time.  Even though we have a set schedule for choir and instrument days, the choir teacher is always trying to take them from us on our days because he doesn't use his choir time wisely.  At all.  We have our 7th grade concert next week, and the all school winter pageant the week after, so we are all getting stressed.  A couple weeks ago we had a huge fight, so the principal and head of the arts department met with all us and we set a schedule for the rest of the semester.  Well, the choir teacher took half of my kids again today.  I was so pissed!!  He plays dumb, doesn't write anything down, and is a jerk about it all.  There's no way I could take my kids back because of the way he acted about it, so we were fighting in front of the students today.  I was about to cry (again...for like the 4th time this year), but I had to be in the room for my other students.  I wanted to shout to him "I'm 4 weeks pregnant and highly emotional!!  Don't f'ing mess with me!"  Angry  The band teacher is on my side, as is the arts department head, so I hope he finally gets what's coming to him.  I'm done and tired of it.

My best friend had this job before me, and she warned me.  Last year (my first year) wasn't this bad because I was the new pregnant chick.  Now he thinks he can just walk all over me, but I'm so not letting that happen.  He walked all over my best friend and the teacher before her....but I'm so done with his crap and it's going to stop.  

Ugh, thanks for letting me vent. 

Re: My job is toxic

• Options
    not cool...sounds like that teacher is on some type of power trip?!?!  Did you go to the principal / dept head today about what happened??
  • Options

imageuofihoard:
    no cool...sounds like that teacher is on some type of power trip?!?!  Did you go to the principal / dept head today about what happened??

Jason also thinks he's trying to gain power and move up the ranks.  I went to the dept. head today, but the principal was out.  I will be sending lots of emails today...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMommaMcG:

imageuofihoard:
    no cool...sounds like that teacher is on some type of power trip?!?!  Did you go to the principal / dept head today about what happened??

Jason also thinks he's trying to gain power and move up the ranks.  I went to the dept. head today, but the principal was out.  I will be sending lots of emails today...

not fun....good luck!!!  I've been there in the workplace and matt for sure can relate with being in a school and people on their high horses - lovely...I guess teachers forget that its about the kids and not themselves?!?

• Options
    That's horrible.  I hope it gets resolved quickly and painlessly :)
  • Options

not fun

I hope you can get things resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"