Indiana Babies

wedding recap

I can't believe what a whirlwind it was!  My only regret is not getting a day of coordinator or being a little more organized, but with having a baby and being sick this last week, I think we pulled it off amazingly well.

We had the rehearsal, then baptized Josie.  She was so smiley during it and didn't cry at all.  She was just mesmerized by the pastor.  She wore Todd's grandmother's baptismal gown which was beautiful--100 years old.  We had dinner at the jazz kitchen, and it was delicious and worked out well.  Josie & I stayed at the hampton inn by the Carmel Meijer b/c we got a suite comped from out hotel block.  

The next morning the bridal party went to splash salon.  If you ever need an updo, Lacy is amazing.  They had bagels and mimosas for us.  The makeup artist there is a friend of mine, and she airbrushed all of our makeup.  Everyone looked great. We saw each other before, and had a special private moment.  My photographer I know from my dad's business, and he's hilarious and made pictures fun.

Josie had a blowout on Todd's dad's tux!  Thankfully they were able to clean him up and it wasn't on my dress.  The ceremony flew by.  My brother & Todd are both big Bob Dylan fans, so he read forever young and it made me teary eyed.  Josie was an angel during it.  

Park Tudor turned out gorgeous.  We had white damask tablecloths and white chair covers with black bows.  I got black & white damask placecards & table numbers and had red flowers.  The cocktail sax band played during cocktail hour & dinner, then a dj took over.  We came in to the IU fight song carrying an IU banner since we're both IU grads & they won the bucket game.  Todd told me I could get him with the cake (I told him he'd be in trouble b/c of my makeup) so I went for it!  

It took forever to bustle my dress so things lulled for a little while.  Our dances I felt took forever!  I'm not a big dancer though.  My dad wasn't feeling well, so that was a bummer.  Our candy buffet was definitely a huge hit and no chocolate was left!

I should have pics  a month!  Here's one of our cake:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wedding recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"