Multiples

When did your LOs stay up for more than 1.5hr-2hrs....

without getting tired and cranky?  I'm finding if they nap more than 4.5 hours during the day they are up more at night and that they are done after 90mins. of being awake during the day, but they will only eat every 4 hours and don't cat nap well anymore because they are so easily distracted. 

They seem to be ready for bed by 7:00pm no matter would we do. If They could make one 2.5-3 hours stretch during the day without getting overtired I think we would be OK. 

I'm going back to work tomorrow and really want them to start sleeping better at night and have basic schedule that I can give to our sitters so that they have consistency.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: When did your LOs stay up for more than 1.5hr-2hrs....

• I think 7pm is perfect for bedtime!!!...Mine always tended to sleep more, the earlier we put the down!

Mine were cat nappers so they would take like 4 short naps during the day, every 2 hours or so.  Didn't add up to more than 3-4 hours though.

I would try to stretch out the time between the 1st and second nap...but if they are ready for bed at 7pm, I wouldn't fight it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 7 is a good bedtime for that age...my oldest ds took 3 naps a day from 4-7 months, then he cut to 2 naps per day and then down to one nap around his 1st birthday. He couldn't really tolerate being awake longer than 2 hours until he dropped the 2nd nap, even then some days he would be cranky but he got used to it.

The better they nap during the day...the better they should rest at night. Overtired babies don't usually sleep well at night. have you read healthy sleep habits happy child? pretty boring read but good info on sleeping for babies.

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"