Working Moms

Teachers' kids at daycare?

Anyone know what they pay?  I imagine it is a big discount, since we make pretty good money and find the costs way $$$ high!

Re: Teachers' kids at daycare?

• Just lurking but I worked as a infant teacher and tried to go back full time but couldnt afford to. My center offered me a discount of 10%. I would still be paying 700 a month for child care for my infant.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made it past my goal I nursed for 1 year and 6 weeks! Im so proud of myself!
  • imagenewenglandmomm:
    Just lurking but I worked as a infant teacher and tried to go back full time but couldnt afford to. My center offered me a discount of 10%. I would still be paying 700 a month for child care for my infant.

Wow-- that's tough!  I guess that's why most of the teachers' kids are older...

• Loading the player...
  • At our old center the lead infant teacher told me that she didnt pay anything. She said she made a lot less than she could somewhere else, but since the day care was free (and she was with her daughter all day) it balanced out.

• My BIL is a teacher at a private school, which is a little different, but he gets 40% off tuition. Its a pre-k to 8th grade school. He gets paid next to nothing though. Actually he made more on unemployment than he does now.
  • The center (chain) that I used to work at offered 25% off infant tuition and 50% off other ages.
  • I pay full tuition for K, but once she hits pre-K, she'll be free (it's a 18 month-12th grade school)
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"