Working Moms

Screening Nannies

I just finished screening people to be night nannies that I found on care.com, and I'm exhausted and frustrated. ?The first woman I talked to seemed great. ?Then I had two that didn't pick up when I called them. ?Finally, I talked to two women who seemed a bit crazy, and completely wore me out. ?Is this normal, or did I get an unusually weird group of applicants? ?I still have a few that I need to call in the evening because they work during the day. ?I'm hoping they'll be a bit better, otherwise, there's only really one that I would feel comfortable meeting in person.

Re: Screening Nannies

• I would take a look at how you've worded your posting. I found that my first attempt brought in a lot of "unqualified" people and once I got more specific in my ad, I got a better selection of people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you considered using an agency instead to do the interviewing process for you?  They do the prescreening, reference checking, background checking, etc. and then send you those most qualified to fit your needs.  Try Mollycoddlers who offers all types of childcare services.  www.mollycoddlers.net  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"