Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Baby Einstein videos

Someone please tell me I'm not doing permanent damage to DS...

He got sick on Thanksgiving, took him to Dr on Sat, he has bronchitis.  Dr said if it got worse he would need breathing treatments; it has just stayed the same.  In the meantime, he got DH and me sick.  DS went back to daycare Monday and has been taking 3 naps a day because he feels like crap.

Seriously this poor kid sounds like he has the black lung and walks around with boogers running down his face whining because he is miserable.  Over the weekend after playing with his toys for a bit I put in an Einstein video my MIL got us so he could just lay in bed with me under the covers.  It is seriously the only thing that keeps him somewhat happy.

The only other thing that works is reading to him but both DH and I have now lost our voices so I can't get thru more than 1 book.  He's been watching 2 videos a day and completely turns towards the TV when he hears the intro and zones out like a couch potato.  I feel like the mom who just sticks her kid in front of a tv for 4 hours straight:(

Sorry for the rambling post...just wondering if anyone else lets their LOs watch videos...or am I going to get a flaming because TV under 2 is the devil!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Einstein videos

• Bah! Tegan watches TV every once in awhile. It's not a set part of her day, but she'll occasionally cuddle with DH or me and watch an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba or some other Nick Jr. type show. If she was sick and watching Baby Einstein made her happy and comfortable for a period of time, I'd definitely be letting her watch an episode or two a day. It's not going to do permanent damage, I promise. Good luck and I hope your little guy feels better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, God.  It's fine.  He's sick, you're sick, you're doing what you have to do to keep everyone rested and sane.

Seriously.  Don't worry about this.  DS went through a phase where he was OBSESSED with his BE videos and had a fit if he couldn't watch it once a day.  So I let him watch it once a day.  And the phased passed, and now he doesn't care for TV much at all. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • There's a post on 12-24 about their LO's favorite TV shows that has nearly 50 replies...trust me, you're not alone Smile When your little one isn't feeling well you'll do anything to comfort them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ok thanks ladies this makes me feel better.  I was seriously thinking I was causing an addiction because he can be in the other room throwing a fit until he hears the opening music and runs in all happy to zone out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"