April 2011 Moms
Options

**ecavin**

Hi!  I was looking at your post in another thread and saw the pic of your doggie.  What kind of dog do you have?  I only ask because our pups look very similar! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **ecavin**

• Options

I always think the same thing when I see your puppy!!!  We have an almost 2 year old German Shorthair Pointer named Lanie.  She is so sweet and loving, and she has tons of energy and can be a handful! 

What kind of dog do you have?

• Options

Our Hershey is 1 year old and she is a beagle/terrier mix  or so I'm told.  We rescued her from a high kill shelter in NC and she was bought to us up here in NJ.   She is also the sweetest dog but again has tons of energy.  We say she runs "laps" around our apartment.  She is a handful too at time but I think she will be great when our lil girl arrives.  We actually just found out that at some point in her first 12 weeks of life she broke both elbows and no one noticed!  So now she has severe elbow displasia with severe arthritis that she will have to deal with for the rest of her life Sad

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh poor Hershey!  That breaks my heart!!!  She is too cute, how big is she?  Lanie weighs 50lbs!

I think the most important thing is that they're sweet, because the energy will die down as they get older (hopefully!).  We did notice a huge difference in Lanie's energy level between 1 and 2.  She is much calmer now, she only has "freak out time" where she runs laps around our living room every now and then.  And she's calm now about 85% of the time, it's much better!  Hang in there!

• Options
    She is 30lb. . .she is actually small for her breed and size because we have to keep her lighter because of the arthritis.  We keep saying we hope her energy will die down too with her age.  Our saying in our house is "Oh well she still has so much puppy in her."  Hershey sounds a lot like Lanie she is much calmer now then she was when we first got her.  She is a big sweetheart though!  She loves to cuddle!  Does Lanie think she is a lap dog too?  Has she noticed your pregnant?  Hershey is always laying on my stomach or wants to "protect" me from other dogs.
  • Options

Oh yes, Lanie loves to cuddle!  She's not really a lap dog, but she will sit down on me and then sliiiiide down my body so that she's sitting as close as possible.  It's so funny!  She's curled up in a little ball next to me on the couch now.  I don't know if she notices that I'm pregnant, she's kind of an oblivious dog.  :)

Aren't dogs the best?  They are so full of love and are always so excited to be with you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"